www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I want to hear some good stories about encounters with animals out on the disc golf course. What are some crazy things that have happened to you? What kind of animals have you seen out on the course and what were they doing? Once, me and a buddy saw a dog chasing a red-tailed hawk for about 300 feet. The hawk was flying 5 feet off of the ground and we thought the dog was going to get it but it eventually just flew up. It was pretty sweet. Let's hear some more!?!?

Tags: animal, bears, disc, fish, golf, hedgehog, snapple

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow!
oh, lmao, this thread is hillarious.
lol, bear creek is my favorite course, unfortunately, the only "wildlife" i've seen is the poision ivy i keep catching every time i go.
I ran into a little rattler at hudson myself. I actually almost stepped on it and didn't really realize what had happened until i was 2 or 3 steps passed it.... good thing that little bugger didn't tag me!!

You've also got to beware of the super hornets by the soccer fields around holes 8 an 9 on the Monster... those things are SCARY!!!
I often travel on business and take time out of my busy to play courses in or around the area. Most courses are without maps or way finding signs so I always prefer to pair up with locals who can educate me on the course and desired routes.
This particular day at McClain Park in San Antonio TX there were no other players so I went out alone. By following the worn path I was able to get through the first 3 holes without incident. Following what I thought to be the path to the next hole, I am walking into an opening which appears to be one of the fairways I had just played. As I come walking out from the underbrush, I am looking out and not down and realized there is a “branch” laying across the path that I need to step over…. I make the final determination that I made the wrong turn and head back from which I came. Looking down this time I realize the branch I stepped over was a 5 – 6’ snake. I took a moment to collect myself, got out my camera and snapped a picture of the beast for identification purposes… The rest of my round I thought more and more of that snake, not knowing if it was poisonous or not and if there were others… I lost one disc in the deep woods because I didn’t want to search too long before I found another snake.
Back at the office I showed the picture to the local outdoorsman who quickly identified the snake as a Water moccasin. Not really poisonous but very toxic…

I wish I still had the photo...
We play a lot of golf down here on BLM land so there is always cool stuff we run into. Recently we have been watching this awesome immature bald eagle (HUGE - almost black with some white under the wings). He has been chasing around all the red tails. At another course as I was pulling out of the woods a beautiful full colored fox stopped 10 ft in front of my vehicle and just stared at us for a good 5 seconds or so before scurring off. Finally, we keep seeing huge Bear piles right near one of our tee boxes. I hope I don't run to close to him/her/cubs.
Joe Davis State Park in Lewiston, NY. Between rounds during the Labor Day Luau 1997 or 8 I think. Someone threw a cigarette butt out on the grass, and a seagull walked over, picked up still lit and walked away with it in it's mouth. Must have been really jonesing. Funniest thing I ever saw.
I'm surprised to not see more "snake under my disc" stories here.
I've found a snake under my disc a few times lately for some reason.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968