www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I want to hear some good stories about encounters with animals out on the disc golf course. What are some crazy things that have happened to you? What kind of animals have you seen out on the course and what were they doing? Once, me and a buddy saw a dog chasing a red-tailed hawk for about 300 feet. The hawk was flying 5 feet off of the ground and we thought the dog was going to get it but it eventually just flew up. It was pretty sweet. Let's hear some more!?!?

Tags: animal, bears, disc, fish, golf, hedgehog, snapple

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

uhhh... I saw a dying raccoon on the fairway in Philadelphia... very strange... it was still alive but not by much... it was missing a front leg too... who knows what happened to it... but odd just the same...
just for another strange animal story... playing with friends in daytona a baby squirrel fell out of a tree just before my buddy took his second shot... just a random fall... there was no other animals or anything else in that area that would have knocked it out of the tree... it seemed to have just fallen out... it got up and tried to run off but with some trouble... we just let it be and continued on... I'm no vet...
Beware of the killer squirrels at Fitz(grand ledge, mi). A few years back a friend threw a disc over the cliffs on hole 3. It landed way down by the river. He found the disc and was walking on a path looking for a route back up when a squirrel walked onto the path about 6 feet in front of him. It started making funny squirrel noises, as a joke my buddy threw his disc and it landed it front of the squirrel. The squirrel let out a battle cry and started to charge him. When it got close to him it jumped up to what seemed about waist high with its arms and legs spread out, and let out another battle cry. The squirrel never got a hold of my buddy, but it was kind of funny seeing a 200lb man run from a squirrel!
My story still bothers me as I try and retell to people. We were throwing a round in at Cliff Stephens, in Clearwater. My two buddies and all our kids were out for a round one Sunday morning. The kids were playing in a large tree and were having a blast. While the kids played we were walking and playing hole 16. As we were walking the fairway we saw this guy and he was tossing a stick into the lake. His large 70-75 pound yellow lab would retrieve it. This went on for 5-6 minutes. All of a sudden out of nowhere the dog was lifted out of the water in the mouth of what turned out to be a 14 foot alligator. The gator drug the dog under the water and was spinning and thrashing it all over. The man flipped out and dove into the water to save his pet. We had to convince the man to get out of the water having seen three or more gators closing in. Three days later they found the the gator and removed it from the lake. The children never witnessed this. I however had night mares for weeks.
That's one of the most horrible stories I've ever heard.
Sorry you had to see that.

Yikes.

Curtis Minton said:
My story still bothers me as I try and retell to people. We were throwing a round in at Cliff Stephens, in Clearwater. My two buddies and all our kids were out for a round one Sunday morning. The kids were playing in a large tree and were having a blast. While the kids played we were walking and playing hole 16. As we were walking the fairway we saw this guy and he was tossing a stick into the lake. His large 70-75 pound yellow lab would retrieve it. This went on for 5-6 minutes. All of a sudden out of nowhere the dog was lifted out of the water in the mouth of what turned out to be a 14 foot alligator. The gator drug the dog under the water and was spinning and thrashing it all over. The man flipped out and dove into the water to save his pet. We had to convince the man to get out of the water having seen three or more gators closing in. Three days later they found the the gator and removed it from the lake. The children never witnessed this. I however had night mares for weeks.
Tracy Glidden said:
The first time I played Hudson Mills my drive went into a heavily wooded area off of hole 1. While retrieving the disc I saw what I thought was another disc, it was kind of red with white spots. As I got closer what I thought was a disc was actually a baby fawn. So I quickly grabbed my camera, since I usually have it with me and clicked a couple photos as the fawn slowly opened its eyes to look at me. Then I thought about where its' Mother was and did not want any confrontation, so I quickly tip toed out. Very amazing!
Huson Mills has a wealth of wildlife. IE: two years ago GLO we were looking for a disc and found a two foot rattle snake instead. Then arrived at the next tee pad and a smaller one was sunning itself.
I've told this before, but one time at Chippewa Banks in Midland, Michigan I was playing a game with some friends. At this course hole 6 is parallel to hole 15. So we were on hole 6 we all saw this guy holding a leash and on the other end was a little monkey in a diaper holding and walking with a mini disc. I am not sure if he trained it to throw it or not, but it was pretty damn funny!
ive played some safari holes out at a cattle farm. the cows were just roaming where ever and a few got nailed! but they deserved it because i had enough manure on my shoes to fertalize a field of crops and had been shocked by an electic fence about 5 times!
My brother-in-law, a homie and I were out in Bandera, Tx playing the 9 hole course out there and our homie, Brian, shoot past the basket on 1 into some heavy brush. He and I climb in to get his disc and he says "Oh sh*t Rick, Bees". I look up and 5 ft in front of me and him there's a huge bees nest, like the size of a 30 gal. trash can. We start to back out slowly but of course we spook them and the swarmed us.... I ran like Bolt!!!! I was scared as hell but laughing my ass off because of the way we looked... swinging out towels and hats around us as we ran away...We ended up getting the disc back but they got a couple of stings.....
Not super-exciting but I saw a tortoise once on hole 6 at Richmond Hill DGC. It was just cruising around the fairway. I must've just missed the hare %^)
I would title this pic "Hold Yer Horses!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968