www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We have set a work day for the course to address several issues that have been discussed recently.
Anyone wanted to help is more than welcome to come out.
As you know, the contractor will begin installation of the cement teeboxes in the upcoming weeks. This means that we need to remove the railroad ties that are currently in place. We will use them for bridges on holes 1, 3, and 9.
After we have removed them from their current location, we will need to cut the weeds that have grown up around them so a mower or weedeater will be needed.
We will also need shovels and maybe a pick-axe to dig seating for the bridges and a sledge hammer or two to secure them after we've put them in place.
We also need to dig out the holes from the teesigns on holes 4and 18 and replant the signs so we'll need water to pack them in. If that doesn't work, we'll have them cemented when the teeboxes go in.
We will inspect the welds the city put on the remaining baskets and if needed, we will add additional welds to them. We have a welder but will do the work in the parking area so as not to start a grass fire. We will have to transfer the baskets back and forth for that work to be done.
If we have time, we will look at branch trimming and or base trimming around some trees but would like to leave most of that as is.
All suggestions are welcome and help is needed if you can make it out. That's alot to do but if we get enough people out we should be able to get the majority done.
We have the July 4th Fundraiser coming up and it's turning out to be very nice as far as prizes that are coming in so hopefully our attendence will be good and we can replace those baskets and get some cement poured. And just when you thought this course couldn't get any nicer.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

droool.... makes me happy in the wraith-ial area... what time you guys gonna be out there sunday? will be out saturday, not sure how the wife will react to sunday this week, with everything we have going on this weekend.... will double check up with her and let you know saturday for sure....
We had a good work day on Friday. There is another new bridge crossing over hole nine and the elevated teebox on hole twelve is ready for dirt. We didn't dump the dirt yet because of the fundriser, we didn't want loose soil on the teebox.
Also mowed holes five, sixteen, and seventeen. Those fairways are now fairly wide but we decided to leave the rough on both sides.
We also bagged and tagged all of the CTP's for the fundraiser.
We got a little more done Sunday afternoon. We filled in and packed hole twelves new teebox so it's ready for cement now.
We hung the new Mando sign on hole twelve. We re-installed the teesigns for holes four and eighteen as well.
We finally painted all the new welds on the baskets and marked the new teeboxes so the contractor could form them today.

Anyone who wants to help install the rear railroad tie on hole twelve is more than welcome. Details to follow.
I take it since nobody jumped at the chance to pick up a shovel and help me out, that your answers were a resounding NO. It's ok, hole twelves teebox is finished.
I get off around 7 tonight if you need help let me know. I am also off on tuesday if you would rather do it then. You can call me at 817-757-5576.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968