www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Okay, so we all know the current state of the city of Detroit. How entire neighborhoods, factories, and other infrastructures are completely abandoned and left to rot; and how emerging groups are taking over these areas and turning them into urban gardens and massive sculptures. What if, a group of disc golfers turned one of these forsaken properties into a DGC? You could have an entire course play through a nine story warehouse or use the facades of old houses as obstacles in an urban fairway. 

Just a crazy thought. Man, am I bored at work :-L

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is Crazy, and would be Crazy fun. There is a DGC at the UOH (shcool) we can only play it on sunday when no one is there. We are allowed to be there, just not when we could hit someone. thats around buildings ... sometimes off the side or roofs covered walk ways. It's lots of fun.
Sounds pretty cool. I think the idea of taking an abandoned neighborhood and transforming it into a DGC would be a DYI guy's dream. Imagine teeing off through a bay window, over two back yards, and into the next house's garage :-)
Got to YouTube and search "Urban Disc Golf". Lots of cool stuff.
One of the big things being discussed in Detroit these days is the concept of urban farms. They want to raze 60,000+ abandoned houses and turn them all into farmland to develop and distribute locally-grown produce. With all that space, perhaps a disc golf course or two could be included in the re-utilization? Sounds like a great idea to me, as long as I don't have to wear a bullet-proof vest to play.
Do it up man that would be sweet.
I think that rouge park could host a course or two.
Back in the day it was one of the most complete parks, hosting pools and everything else one could think of.
Urban Golf would be a blast. I'm in!!! When do we play?
that would be sweet, have sum mando's goin into the front door and out the back door. ther so many diffrent layouts you could get playing in a eighborhood.
Glad to see everyone shares my awesome vision.
only problem I see is, asphalt and concrete are really hard on a disc. But I do like the idea.
I think discraft already had that idea but i am all for it check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EArjVN5mZkA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968