www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I threw a really long putt a few days ago and I just want to know if there is any stories out there about really long putts

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Threw in a 120 foot plus shot at Blackhawk #12 (570', par 4) to win $40 in skins this past New Years Day...not really a putt for me, but I did call it...said something like, "Gotta throw this in to get the cash." It was for a 3 and there were 4 others closer to the pin than I (all missed their third shots). The closest guy (and one of the persons who heard me call my shot) was only about 30 feet out, but was in jail behind a tree, he threw it over the tree and the disc filtered to the basket hitting the top chain hanger. I have never been so stoked to see someone miss before... ;)
lol, I live about three hundred miles away, so I guess I'll never know. To be fair, two of the discs were thrown in by newbies, but it felt like there was water on almost every hole. Pretty course though, lots of wildlife
ALL THE TIME, ALL OVER THE PLACE.
I had a round where I hit 2 60 footers and a 90 footer during doubles with my friends. It was actually pretty breezy as well, but I had a tailwind on all 3 putts. I kept lobbing them way up in the air (about 15 feet up) and they all just burried deep in the chains. I had a smile on my face nearly all that round. It feels wonderful to putt well...especially when you get the bonus putts like those.

Also, it's always very satisfying to hit a [legal] falling putt out of the brush. It feels like you earned it after diving to the ground. Maybe it's the thrill of Ultimate that I recall when I pull it off. :-)
I don't know if you could call this a putt or not, but for me the shot is anywhere from 30 to 50 feet from the basket or longer. I make this shot a lot. Throw a forehand shot with a Banshee with some speed. I usually hit it dead center. One of the best ones I hit was last year at the bottom of a hill to a basket at the top of the hill. I had to go around some branches, but the Banshee tracked perfectly into the center of the chains. When it goes in I just know that it's going in. There is no room for any doubt on this shot.
Playing a weekly bag tag round at Oroville CA a few weeks ago, my drive was 100' short of the basket on hole 4. The line had several trees along the left edge and a forked tree right in front of the basket. Not an easy shot, so I'm thiinking par is good. All I could see was the top 3-4" of the basket. So I figure I'll Putt right for the fork, It veered missing the fork right and slammed the chains for a birdie. The guys in my group are all saying, What was that? You gotta be kiddin me. The route was really protected. I couldn't believe it myself so had to run up....
I had a strong headwind putt on #14 Turkey Lake. Just missed the 35' shot, and skipped off the top of the basket. My Omega passed the basket, floated up about 15 feet, and the headwind pushed it backwards, into the basket for a birdie in front of four other players!
We were playing random draw doubles at Deming in Terre Haute, IN a couple of years ago and my partner was Lee Hartwell. On hole 12 - a 435' hole - both of our drives hit the same tree so we were approx. 130' from the hole which has a tree 15' to the left and another tree about 5' to the right and behind the hole. We took Lee's drive so I threw first and put my putter about 10' from the hole and told Lee "you have to go for it". He threw a driver that anhyzered right into the tree behind the hole and bounced off of it right into the hole. Not really a putt but it was an awesome shot for a two.
That is really cool. I've had a floater get pushed in by the wind, but never one that passed the bucket and went in on the backside!
It was pretty wild. I was yelling "Go In! Go In!" and it did right in front of us all.
All of my crazy putts tend to come during times of utter confidence. When I turn to a friend and say "I'm gonna sink this anyway" and I mean it, it goes in.
I nailed 75-footer the other day at Cass Benton with my aviar!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968