www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been playing for a little over a year now, and play, on average, once a week. It has taken me a while to experiment with discs and get to where I think this combination works best for me. I throw rhbh and forehand on drives; primarily rhbh on mids and approach. My drives are usually 280 - 310 ft. Here's my bag.

Drivers:
3 - Pro Wraith - all 175, from nearly new to kinda beat.
4 - Champ Valkyrie - all 172, from new to beat. This is my primary driver.
2 - Champ Teebird - 170 (beat) and 174 kinda new

Mids:
2 - Star Skeeter - both 175, one perfect, one nearly new. My primary midrange.
2 - Star Shark - one 168, nearly new, one 172, a little more used than the other. For windy days, or the gotta have a hyzer shot.

Putter/Approach:
3 - Star Aero - all 180. One more used than the other two. I love the Aero. Great disc.

There's my bag.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a good bag to me. I carry the same drivers with Destroyers and a Firebird throw in but my only mids are Rocs. Have you throw a Star TL or a Wraith X?
It seems good to me. you seem to have one of the top three disc selection styles.

1. a disc for every shot (my style)
2. several of particular models broken in to diff levels. (your style)
3. just a few multi-purpose discs that the player can use on any given shot.
last time I said that (Critique my bag) my doctor said turn your head and cough!!! She is nice ;)
LMAO... now thats funny!
And guess what comes next?
bahahahahahaha!!!!
Since I play in some windy places. I have a Teerex, Flick, Firebird, Drone, Wasp, and Gator to go with my other discs. Heck even if it's not windy. I like to have some hyzer discs for some shots. It may seem like a lot, but I hate "finess" throws and since all of these vary in distance. I can give them all a full and complete pull through. IMO every body should have some overstable discs in there bag.
I would suggest getting an over stable fairway driver and putter for windy days. I play mostly Discraft so my suggestions would be a Reaper for your fairway driver and either a ESP Challenger, or a ESP Zone if you want a really over stable putter. Also, I throw around the same distance as you and on a calm day i really like throwing a 150 class Avenger.

Oh one last thing, get your self an anhyzer driver. I love my Z Avenger SS. and maybe an anny middy too. (not sure how the Skeeter annys, i know its pretty straight)
The beat valk in their bag would fit the category of anhyzer driver that you speak of.
It sounds good if you throw forehand and backhand equally. Equally being the key word. If so all you need to do now is practice those shots and your set. If not maybe add somthing more stable such as a crush or force.
Nascar Dave - i have thrown the star tl and i liked it, but i found the star sl gave me better distance. then i went back to my valks because i got the same distance and better predictability.

Mikey - that is what i'm trying to accomplish. a few discs that i know well that can cover the range of shots.

Tino - annual physicals are mandatory at my age. (she just laughed when i coughed though. i don't know why.)

Rescue - for me a new pro wraith and the shark are overstable. i do have a champ starfire and that is really overstable for me. maybe that should go back in the bag.

Joe - my beat valks do real well for me on anny shots. the skeeter will hold an anny very well with the right snap.

Thanks for the comments.
then good job on building an arsenal you can use effectively!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968