www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been playing for a little over a year now, and play, on average, once a week. It has taken me a while to experiment with discs and get to where I think this combination works best for me. I throw rhbh and forehand on drives; primarily rhbh on mids and approach. My drives are usually 280 - 310 ft. Here's my bag.

Drivers:
3 - Pro Wraith - all 175, from nearly new to kinda beat.
4 - Champ Valkyrie - all 172, from new to beat. This is my primary driver.
2 - Champ Teebird - 170 (beat) and 174 kinda new

Mids:
2 - Star Skeeter - both 175, one perfect, one nearly new. My primary midrange.
2 - Star Shark - one 168, nearly new, one 172, a little more used than the other. For windy days, or the gotta have a hyzer shot.

Putter/Approach:
3 - Star Aero - all 180. One more used than the other two. I love the Aero. Great disc.

There's my bag.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brandon - Thanks for the advise and nice comments. I have read the article on disc overlap and that's really where I got the foundation for the thinking on how to build my bag. I have also read other articles on that website and have learned a lot. My under-stable driver/s are my beat Wraiths and Valks. I release on an anny angle and they turn over enough for me and fight back a little to end on a fade that puts me where I hope to be. If I need the disc to end that far to the right, I will use a forehand drive to get me there.

Will - I appreciate your love of the Roc. Right now, for me, the Shark gives me the stability I need for those hyzer/windy shots that come up. I may work my way to a Roc, but for now the Shark fills that need. The star Skeeter is my primary mid-range, and it will hold a great line, whatever angle you put on it (it does not handle strong wind well though, hence the need for the Shark). I think that the Skeeter is a really under-rated disc.

Justin - I like your suggestion of the star Wraith. I actually have a couple (172), but thought they were too over stable for me. I switched to the pro Wraith because they beat in faster, and have great glide. Maybe I can add the star Wraith to the bag for my more over stable disc when conditions call for it. I didn't even think of that before. Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968