www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Maybe somebody can help me? Ive only been playing 5 months now, and i can throw my disc a good distance but when i tee off it flys strait then curves to the left, it doesnt do it every time but most of the time. if anyone give me any pointers i would like to hear them thanks.

super h
fort worth

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

try a disc that is less stable. As your drives become stronger, the discs will go more straight or even turnover to the right (assuming your backhander like me, beings you said curves to the left). If a disc starts to turnover on you, you know it's time to step up in more overstability.

My Flash used to do that for me, now it goes straight or turns over (right) on me so I use it just for those shots. Another thing you could try is anhyzer the disc a bit so then when it turns left it's going from right to straight, rather then straight to left.

Though that's what a disc wants to do overall with throwing backhand is curve to left at least some (unless understable or 0 stablity). You might want to try like a Avenger SS, Xpress, Flash, or Innova SL, Valkyrie (valks still curve left, but curve right first, balances out).

Or if you really love your current disc, try a much lighter one, lighter discs are less stable.
All disc do that at the end of the flight. Just gotta learn to play it.
i assume u are throwing a driver? all neebies should stick to a midrange disc. i would suggest a Buzz or a Roc. both disc are great. when you throw a drive and you dont have the right release any bad verible will be worse with a driver than with a midrange. dont worry so much about distance, control will take you further..
i drive with a CHAMPION MONARCH MC 167 and a VALKYRIE VL 170. are these good? and midrange BANSHEE B 170, AND CHAMPION COBRA 174
approximately anywhere between 200 and 300 ft drives. the monarch curves not real bad. the valkyrie curves alot
I would try a 150 valkyrie, very popular up here in Colorado, cause the elevation (thinner air) makes discs more overstable up here.

Or try a Roadrunner or Sidewinder, more understable then the Valk, not sure on Monarch comparied to these drivers, I know it's understable too. I know the Roadrunner is like the most understable driver they have (and Archangel).


super_h said:
i drive with a CHAMPION MONARCH MC 167 and a VALKYRIE VL 170. are these good? and midrange BANSHEE B 170, AND CHAMPION COBRA 174
ok thanks i will look in to those disc and try them out.
Might be a issue of releasing too late also or releasing with a slight hyzer. I did that for awhile and still do from time to time on accident.

super_h said:
approximately anywhere between 200 and 300 ft drives. the monarch curves not real bad. the valkyrie curves alot
ok thanks i will look for one. where at in colorado are u? this summer iam coming up to south fork, do u know if there is any courses close to there?

PoeticLogic said:
I would try a 150 valkyrie, very popular up here in Colorado, cause the elevation makes discs more overstable up here.


super_h said:
i drive with a CHAMPION MONARCH MC 167 and a VALKYRIE VL 170. are these good? and midrange BANSHEE B 170, AND CHAMPION COBRA 174
hhhmmm, south fork, I'll have to look the area up and see for ya.

I'm in Colorado Springs (like south central Colorado). Unfortanely Colorado doesn't have as many courses as most other states.

I just moved to Colorado back in June so I don't know of South Fork.

super_h said:
ok thanks i will look for one. where at in colorado are u? this summer iam coming up to south fork, do u know if there is any courses close to there?

PoeticLogic said:
I would try a 150 valkyrie, very popular up here in Colorado, cause the elevation makes discs more overstable up here.


super_h said:
i drive with a CHAMPION MONARCH MC 167 and a VALKYRIE VL 170. are these good? and midrange BANSHEE B 170, AND CHAMPION COBRA 174
Looked it up on PDGA for courses and it looks like the closest course to South Fork would be Pagosa Springs, CO (37miles away).

more info on pdga.com, you'll see on the top courses, click on it and you'll see course directory.
ok cool thanks i will check it out when i come up. and thanks for the tips

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968