www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Maybe somebody can help me? Ive only been playing 5 months now, and i can throw my disc a good distance but when i tee off it flys strait then curves to the left, it doesnt do it every time but most of the time. if anyone give me any pointers i would like to hear them thanks.

super h
fort worth

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well your asking a Discraft guy and they are all Innova.

But I'm fair, Aviar is nice and controlable, the thing I didn't like about them is if they hit the side of the basket at all they seem to just skip right past the basket. Other then that nice putters. I had a birdie, hit a nice putt with it, but didn't last long in my bag. Birdies are nice with flat, not so nice when hyzered or anhyzer (in my opinion anyways), I noticed the chromish Birdie, never seen one of those. What is it made out of?

I would try a Omega SS, they are like a beat in Aviar, and no skip

I have a couple midranges (both Buzzz's). In my opinion the whole game can be played well without midranges, I hardly ever pull out mine. But if I had to have one disc to play with it would be a midrange, you can do anything with them.

I tend to putt on hyzers if they are long. Personally I think everybody should try out a Flx plastic disc by Discraft, I really, really love them, actually working on turning all my discs to flx (except my beloved Flash that doesn't come in Flx, yet).

For Innova you got the right idea from what I can see. You might try a Avenger SS flx plastic, I just got one and it's very controllable. Doesn't go out and back in like lots of Innova drivers. It's to me just like a Buzzz as a driver, same stablity 0.5, and if I throw it straight it goes straight and if I throw a anny it holds the nice anhyzer curve.

a 150 Valk though is like you'll see it go right at first and then left and it's usually pretty straight from where you start, if you go Innova still.

I must say for Innova midranges, I really like the Skeeter, a hit a monster putt with it once too (in the short time I used it, it was white and winter was coming).

Me personally I LOVE the flx Discraft plastic, you find yourself flexing the disc in your hands everytime before you throw it, it's just so cool and grippy and durable as all hell. My Surge & Buzzz flx I've had for a mth or two and no grooves or deep marks, just light scuffs on them. Also when they hit a tree or something don't bounce like crazy off them, just a little bounce and lands. One down side being they impact blows more, then tend to get suck in trees a little easier.

Like my Predator I use for overhead shots (very, very hard on discs), it still looks like it's brand new basically and I only use it for overhead shots or I use it if the wind is very extreme.

For what issues your having with fade I would say a Innova Roadrunner or a Avenger SS.

For putters, I'm the only person I know that likes Banger GT's, I use soft Banger GT,s, they are alittle overstable. So they are nice for approaches (cause the extra snap doesn't turn them over), nice for hyzer shots and okay at shot straight shots (figure after a get one beat in good should be a bit straighter for the close shots), nice in wind too. EXTREMELY comfortably in the hand, omg!

I started out playing mostly Innova and then started to find my Discraft was more consistent for me and I was scoring a bit better (maybe it was just the discs I had or just the fact that I liked playing something other then most people played, I've always been that way).

super_h said:
i added some pics of my disc check them out and see what u think of what else i should put in my bag.
If you are right handed and throw across your chest, then this is normal. Just about all discs will "fade" to the left when they slow down. Throwing lower to the ground will give the disc less space to fade before it hits the ground and stops.
Learn to throw the sidearm shot, it usually finishes right for a right-hander. I use a Discraft flick 150 weight. Innova champion Viking also works well. ZMAN
ok thanks iam gonna go and find some discraft disc and try them out
Well, I see allot of emphasis on a specific disc here. If you throw a less stable disc (whatever it may be, by any company) it will go straighter. Even at the end of its flight. Using a more stable disc is just going to exaggerate the turn at the the end of the flight. That being said, it is allso dictated by your skill level. The further you can throw a disc the less stable it becomes. For example, a star wraith out of my hands can go straight its entire flight. But for someone who's power range is 300ft it would hyzer its entire flight. So for anyone to tell you what works well for them, might not neccesarily be straight for you.
Of course there is a time where as you get better the same disc that you use to throw straight starts to turn to the right (for a rhbh) you wind up throwing with more hyzer to get it to go staight. This is the time to make it your flip disc and get something more stable to be your straight disc. Good luck and happy disc hunting!
TheZman said:
Learn to throw the sidearm shot, it usually finishes right for a right-hander. I use a Discraft flick 150 weight. Innova champion Viking also works well. ZMAN

agree 100%. everyone that throws RHBH should learn a decent sidearm shot.
I agree as well, I've only thrown sidearm a few times and suck ass at it right now. I need to go to a baseball field practice them, you need those throws for some holes/shots.

eric beich said:
TheZman said:

agree 100%. everyone that throws RHBH should learn a decent sidearm shot.
I was pointed towards two discs when i started just a few months ago. One is a discraft avenger SS It has a .5 rating so the curve is very minimal when thrown right. The other is a innova roadrunner which too has a small fade. I will say i tend to throw the avenger SS a bit more it seems to be the more consistent of the two.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968