www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm planning on traveling to Dallas from Austin in late July. I'm planning on leaving Austin early on a friday morning and playing as many courses as possible until sunday late afternoon. I'm also planning o camping the two nights there. Any help with courses not to miss and where to camp would be appreciated. Hopeing to play aboiut three courses a day.

Tags: dallas, road, trip

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not to bogart your thread but I have the same question... I am in town DFW Thur and Friday next week.
So far I think Lester Lorch, Z Boaz are the two must play courses. Based on internet research, still hoping for local input.
Starting due north and going acroos clockwise:

McKinney: the new Towne Lake course and the existing Alex Clark course just west of it.
Rockwall: Myers Park
Garland: Audubon - iffy, they just got done with some work, and put some holes back in. Course gets raves from out-of-towners, though,
Mesquite: Paschall Park
Irving: Fritz Park - only 9 holes, but you won't find a finer one in the state, and there are alternate tees. Also one of the oldest courses in the state.
Cedar Hill - Lorch Park - Beaver and Coyote
Arlington - Veterans Park - also one of the oldest courses in TX.
Ft Worth - Z Boaz - only played it once and I live here, but go ahead and play it.
Ft. Worth - Gateway Park - brand new and kinda rough, but challenging.
North Richland Hills - North Park - a newer course, but pretty hard to navigate without a map.
Grapevine - Bear Creek
Lewisville - Lewisville Lake Park

That ought to keep you out of trouble.

Sorry I can't help about the camping, but Cedar Hill State Park has camping.
play zboaz in the morning if possible, super busy in the afternoon! zboaz is a must. lester lorch is also a must, 36 holes. veterans park is good, and the sun morn mini is the biggest mini around that i kno of. bicentennial park in crowley is good and getting better( play the reds, super tough). minis every day, and twice a day on weekends in the area. send a text to 817 996 8808 with any questions- goose
also, check my clubs. all are mostly on the west side of dfw, but you can get any questions answered and prolly find some peeps to show you around

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968