www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Being very new to the game I was planning on purchasing an R-Pro Dart just because I threw one and it felt good.

Now my friend says I should get the R-Pro Ryno because it will do the same things except better and easier.

Could I get some more opinions on this?

thxs

slkfis bob

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rhyno...and I love mine. That being said throw a rhyno first. Then you will have your own reference on how it feels (vs a dart). I have tried various other midrange and putters and can't throw/ don't like any of them including the dart. Best advice buy what feels right not looks cool or is suggested by someone. Putter is the bread and Butter.

I have never thrown a dart, but I am in love with my rhyno

Get a PRO or Pro Line Rhyno, not R Pro. There are more rare, but are the most stable out of all the Rhynos that are out there. There are still some available out there on the web.

These discs fly about as different as 2 discs can fly.  Really the only thing similar about these are the plastics... R-pro.  The Rhyno is super overstable and is my main upshot disc and I use it for shorter drives since when I throw it hard it will go straight as an arrow and not turn over.  The Dart is pretty understable and if you throw it hard it will turn over and not come back.  I started off putting w/ the R-pro Rhyno, because I loved the feel of the plastic and the flat top, but after about 6 months of playing I figured out that the Rhyno has little glide and will drop like a rock.... when you pair that with its hard fade I was missing a lot of my longer putts short and left (I throw rhbh).  So looked for a less stable disc w/ more glide and settled on the R-pro Dart.  Definitely many other putters out there, but everyone finds what works for them. 

So..... Dart or Rhyno..... I'd say both! :)  

I putt with a rhyno a lot and also have a dx dart. The dart has lots of glide and is nice and straight for putting but will turn over if you throw it off the box.  The rhyno is super stable with not a lot of glide and drops quick. If you hyzer putt the rhyno may work well for you but if you are throwing straight at the basket the dart may  be the better disc, especially if it feels good in your hand. That is the key to a putter, what feels good to you and how your style works with it. My go to is an omega supersoft

Yup, that about says it..... tried the omega supersoft the other day, very nice putter as well.

Champion Dart !

Ibuse the R pro rhyno and a super soft omega. Rhyno for approaches as said before you can crank on it. Omega has much less faid for shorter putts. If the dart feels good to you go with it. You can always get the rhyno later for $12 usually.

Never listen to your friends!

But honestly, since your friend won't be throwing your shots for you, get what feels right for you. They are probably both good discs but you are the one for whom it matters. At least see if you can get a chance to throw both discs and then compare.

My bag has some discs in it that my friends have and a lot of discs that they don't. 

put both in your bag, and I bet you will use them each for different situations.  Chances are, you will not be saying " should I throw ryno or dart?" the dart being understable and ryno being overstable.

Being new to the game, I would learn the dart first.  Learning how to throw understable discs will make you a better discgolfer. You will understadn the game better, and the evolution of discs. When you learn the dart, you will see the need for the ryno in your bag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968