www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm just excited to be apart of a huge tourney tomorrow(so far, 165 ppl).  Nikko, Miles, JD Ramirez, Convers, Jowers, McCabe,Montoya, Reading will be there to name a few. 

Cool thing about disc golf, unlike other professional sports, the top pros don't snub their nose at you, or think they're too good to give you the time of day.  Only thing is, i won't get much of a chance to see them play because the Ams and Pros will be playing different courses throughout the day.. 

My 2nd tourney, goal is to win Rec, not less than top 5 finish.  Perhaps i'm aiming too high, but I know the factors that led to my 1st tourney failure, lack of sleep, alcohol the night before and Tylenol PM by accident that morning..

My question is, how long were you playing before you won Rec, or moved up to Intermediate?  Was it a big Tourney?   Going on 6 months playing myself.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I always take tylenol pm by "accident" as well!lol
I played my first tournament in rec division earlier this year and took first. I moved up in the next tournament. I guess I would play rec until I won something. Of course moving up will improve your game.
I took up this great sport in 2008 (but I had played it for a few months back in 96 or 97). I played my first (monthly) tournament after five months of serious practice. I placed 4th in rec. In my second monthly I placed third. Since that last tournament, I've been playing and practicing like a mad man for eight months or so and when I recently joined the PDGA I decided that I was going to try out intermediate AMs in my next tournament.

That first tournament I played was after a night of drinking. Oh man, I'll never do that again. I had to play on an empty stomach, because I was worried of losing anything that I tried to eat. I started feeling better when we started playing, but during the break between rounds the sickness began to linger again.
I suck ass, not literally, call me a choke. The last 2 months, i typically shoot a 5 at one course and a -2 at the other which this tournament was being held. So, i was thinking i'd be close to 3 over for the day. Nope, a Big fat 16 over combined for both courses. It was frickin cold, but it was me i'm sure, not the cold. So P.O.'ed at myself its not funny, so frustrated.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968