www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Who's playing Christmas day rounds and where are you playing?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be out playing Wildapple. My wife's friend's sons will help me get in a round while the women "discuss things". Ribbons on the discs - we have over a foot of snow - but weather should be real nice. Prediction is for sunny with a high of 23.
I had planned to play a round with my crew, but we got like 3 inches of rain last night and the conditions just dont warrant playing on christmas. So I am planning on going to see The Spirit and maybe some video games.
I'll be out @ Steilicoom with my little bro about mid morning
i was out at sunrise to play elon park (very short 18holes) got home to watch the neices open gifts and play, now i'm out the door for another 18.... girlfriend is a little pissed but whats cristmas without at least 36 holes?!
bandemer in a few minutes
I'm up for a round. In the 72 degree rain.
I need to work on my Ace runs.
Only one month to go
we did it! almost a foot of crusty snow. sunny and calm. about 25*. 3 against 1. 2 over to 1 under.
Always at 10 am!!! Kennewick,WA.
The Mrs. and I got in a round today but even though it was sunny and almost 50 (F), it was WINDY, gusty winds too, made disc's do wild things weither you threw low or high, understable or overstable!! :O So we gave up on keeping score and just "went after it", LOL, we enjoyed the day, it's been a while since she's been off the same day as ME! :) On hole 17, no matter how hard you tried to "throw it up", the winds were so straight and steady that it force the disc down a bout a foot from the ground, I got a zinger off the tee and that thing went 300ft. a foot off the ground, FUN to watch! I'd like to say we were "playing in the wind", but to be honest, I think the WIND was PLAYING with us! ;)

B.J. (bogeyman) & Jo Ondo
Colorado Springs, CO.
Happy Holidays!
I had decided to play Greer on Christmas morning if the weather held out. Christmas Eve was pretty wet but it was supposed to clear off for Christmas. It was still damp out on Christmas morning and slightly foggy, so I decided to give it a shot. As I approached Greer from Greenville the fog grew thicker and thicker. Even though it was hazardous to drive my truck, I figured that since I am such a short thrower that I would have no trouble following my throws to their conclusions. I stepped up to the first tee and let a sidearm fly. I saw it level out and begin to make its break as it disappeared into the fog. I followed its logical path and went straight to it. By the 5th hole the fog was lifting and by the middle of the back nine the sun was shining brightly.

I was throwing pretty well for me. I was -1 on the front nine and +5 on the back. I had birdies on 7 and 9 with bogeys on 3, 10, 12, 14, 15, and 18. I missed an easy par putt on 18 and hit the basket with long putts/short approaches on 3, 10, and 15. Overall my tee shots were good and my putting has improved a lot.

As I returned to Greenville and drove back into the fog. The fog was heavier at home when I returned than when I left. I also found a putter on the course with a partial name and number, so I left him a voice mail hope to hear back from him. If not, I will add an Omega putter to my collection and eventually will pass it on to a newbie.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968