www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been playing for some time and ultimate before that so I think I know just about every way to throw a disc, but I have no idea what the term scooby refers to. 

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I figured there was a difference between the two. Can you set the record straight, you seem to be a compendium of disc golf information.
After checking out those two contradictory videos, no wonder I didn't know what it was!! There seems to be a ton of conflicting info out there! Greg Hosfeldt said in his video that a scooby shot is a variation of the backhand roller.
Sounds like it can be any type of shot where the disc is upside-down, flightplate on the bottom, when the disc is sliding or flying. I've always thought it was the upside-down sliding shot to get under pine trees and such.
Enough about scooby.....all's I wanna know...is where's the snacks!!

I always thought it was the same as the pancake shot...just different terminology....I was wrong. As irony would have it...Greg schooled me in the correct scooby form and grip a while ago. A rare shot indeed....I tried it a few times goofing around, practicing..even before I knew what it was called. I don't think I ever actually used one in competitive play....yet!
Hos is demonstrating a Scooby Roller and the proper Scooby grip. The Scooby is an old school shot, and Hos is definitely old school. The Scooby air shot or Scoober is rarely used in disc golf, however, it is an excellent shot for DDC.

If anyone here is in doubt. Would you rather believe the former Men's Open World Champ and PDGA Hall of Fame Member who has been playing over 20 years and has a current 998 player rating or some 940 rated Am player?

FYI - Gregg is also the 2008 & 2009 World Champion in the Grandmaster Division and co-set the 1000 courses played record with Ben Calhoun in 2008.
Don't mess with her Brandon!!!! She'll whoop ya!! lmao!!!
A Dog that talks and hangs out with shaggy...

Or a short upshot that lands upside down on the top of the disc and slides up to the target.
Because the disc is sliding upside down like a sled, they like to say it "scoobies" up to the hole, thus scooby shot.

Hey, I approached respectfully with due homage! I bet she isn't packing heat at least! :-P
(((((ANNNNNNNTTT))))) Thanks for Play'n...Johnny tell'em what he's won!!!
Thanks, I've only been playing in the modern era of disc golf for 6 years now and I definately respect old school players. The ammt of disc golf wisdom they've amassed is always amazing to me and it is something I want to learn from in my early days of golf.
Define....Heat!?!?!? lol j/k

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968