www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My homestead course is around 9800+ feet in length.

Patapsco State Park, MD.

Long story short.

Avery, Nikko, Brinster battled it out for 2 days, ending up with Nikko's first A-Tier win.

(I Think)(With a local in the final)

Avery said "TOO Wooded!

Nikko said roller heaven.

I say neither. (Open and wooded here)

I play around 975 rated rounds.

We are planning a trip to Denver and will be staying near Golden.

I can't find anything on the DGCR site recommending good courses.

In fact, it states there are only 3 courses nearby, which apparently suck.

Wheres my Denver Homies????????

Just need some positive feedback here from my fellow huckers.

Much thanks in advance.  Perhaps a trip to Fat Tire and a few wineries for the ladies.

But, most likely a killer DG trip and to top it off, a trip to Red Rocks for Umphreys Mcgee,

The Wailers and, Galactic!  On the 4th of July!

Can't wait,,,,,,,,,,,,Sorry for the LONG rant.

Help a nekka out!

j

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can tell you where not to play, Johnny Roberts. Oh sure, the course is pretty and manicured but short and not to technical. For a 975 rated player though, it might be a lot of fun to play putter golf only. We play putter golf on short courses so it's more like an ace race.
Sorry I can't help anymore in Denver but when I go to Colorado, I head to the mountains and upper elevation. I've played a lot up of courses up there so if you end up taking a drive for an hour or two I can recommend several courses.
Huh? DGCR has Beaver Ranch on the front page. It's not far, and neither is Birds Nest, which hardly "sucks". The closest course to you is School of Mines, here is a great alternate layout (longer) for that course: http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz35/definistrated29/Minesorig-2...

Johnny Roberts is also a ton of fun, and 20 minutes (or less) away.
That alternate route is great, but mines sucks. That's the course I learned on. Beaver Ranch is fun, and it's a good hike. Then, unless I'm mistaken, there is Phantom falls another hour past that that is supposed to be really nice. I konw Beaver Ranch from exp. Red Rocks is just 9 holes, but the last hole is fun. It goes under or over the school with a tough gulley. It might not be as tough as I remember because that's when I was just starting out.
Try MHDGC.org for the Mile High Disc Golf Club. It has everything you need to find some great courses and folks to play them with
...you will have to drive for a bit to get to a good course...Got to make it to Beaver Ranch and Badlands (particularly the heavily wooded 'Blair Witch back 9)...

...there are also some private courses in the mountains west of Fort Collins worth checking out after the much needed trip to the New Belgium brewery (a mecca of mine)....

If you have time (and Nascar Dave can attest to this) make the trip from Golden through Central City and check out Ghost Town disc golf sanctuary...it shouldn't be more than an hour away...

For casual rounds, I like Westy and Expo--

...defiantly check out the Mile High Disc Golf Club (Denver) the 3 Rivers Disc Golf Club (Greeley) and Pikes Peak Disc Golf Club (Colorado Springs) for more detailed information...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968