www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

For Destroyer fans to go on and on about the discs that give us the longest drives..., not bosses, not wraiths, DESTROYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've used a star max weight Destroyer and just landed my longest drive by far. 450+ ft.

I was a pure Discraft player until I tried Classic Aviars and Destroyer/Wraiths.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Give the Spider some time. That is my "not sure what to do" disc. If you can. Try and find a "mini star" champ. Spider. They are a bit more stable. But it's an awsome disc.

PoeticLogic said:
Buzzz's are nice, I carry my 173g Flx Buzzz and 177g ESP Wasp at all times. I got a Spider not that long ago, but really havn't thrown it much.

I was a big Banger GT fan, but they tip easy if hyzered/anhyzered in windy conditions. I don't get that as much with Aviar's.

Flick's are nice for overhead shots!!

Rescue said:
I hear you. When it comes to drivers. I have to give Innova the nod. Same with thier "fairway" drivers, but that's it!......Oh ya, thier midrange disc are better than Discraft as well, but that's all. Hmmmmm..... Come to think about it. So are thier putters. But other than those four catagories. Discraft is better ;o)
OK just kidding! I was a huge fan of the JK Aviar-X. Untill I tried the APX swirl. That thing is money, but I should wait until the windy season starts before I say that. I'm mainly an Innova gut myself, but I must say. I have a few Discrat disc's in my bag now (Z Tracker, Z Drone, 1st run Buzz, and a Z Flick 150 class)
I guess what I'm trying to say is "Variety is the spice of life"
love my destroyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Far , one of my Favorite Drivers !!!!!
There's no denying the pure adrenaline-pumping drives one gets from throwing these discs. The Destroyer is aptly named in my opinion. The only thing I've come to throwing as far is a well broken in Boss, which actually should be named Destroyers' Assistant. I'm fairly sure, after a re-evaluation of my stride that I 've been able to throw a Destroyer about 475' at least. Two aces with my first Star Destroyer, both sidearm and I'm a backhand thrower. Now that it's broken in, it flies very well as a backhand driver where there's plenty of room to let it curve down the fairway. Brand new they work well into the wind, flying really straight.
Long live the Destroyer! I personally love the Pro Destroyer. A little more overstable than the Star plastic ones I've thrown, but so so fast and long!!
hey what weight destroyers do u guys throw? I have a feeling I have to start throwing lighter plastic.
175 all the way! I've thrown the pro cfr and star. have not thrown a dx one yet. I didn't like the pro nearly as much. but the Star and Champ (CFR) are tops in my bag! (even with the boss in there)
This thread makes me want to go get a new star Destroyer.I lost my last one and my pro Destroyer just isnt the same.I love when the star plastic gets nice and broke in and the Destroyer starts to get a little flippy.Thats when I get my longest drives with it.My pro Wraith is pretty awsome also but I think its time for a new star Destroyer.
Recently got a CFR destroyer and it compliments my broke-in star very well. Both are 168g. Really like the CFR, it's quite a bit more flexible and grippy than most other champ plastic I've thrown. Still go to the destroyers for max distance even with the boss in the bag.
yeah the stars are the best, but the cfr is a good head wind disc

Sappydisc said:
This thread makes me want to go get a new star Destroyer.I lost my last one and my pro Destroyer just isnt the same.I love when the star plastic gets nice and broke in and the Destroyer starts to get a little flippy.Thats when I get my longest drives with it.My pro Wraith is pretty awsome also but I think its time for a new star Destroyer.
I Love my Champion Destroyers !!!!

My DX flys super far too !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968