www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im thinking about getting some new plastic please help!

Views: 670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tough call...both equally as dangerous.
Destroyer for sure
Star Wraith and Champion Destroyer !

Destroyer vs. Wraith two low budget movies from the mid 80's. Fred Ward as Remo Williams the Destroyer vs Charlie Shene as the Wraith.  Both movies stunk but the Destroyer series of books is up to 145 different titles.  Some great low brow hummor in those books, and they got me through many a long watch when I was in the Navy. 

As far as the Innova discs they are both too stable for my noodle arm.

A destroyer is an absolutely must own disc in my opinion the wraith is not bad either.
DESTROYER

how far do you throw?  fh or bh?  

champ plastic in each mold will be really overstable especially the destro.  pro plastic will beat up and flip to flat nicely.  pro wraiths can turn into rollers.  star wraiths beat to super straight.  star destroyers vary.  the starlite is super overstable even in the 160s.  flat top first run destros can be pretty flippy.  

again, all this depends on how far you throw, if you have good form, and a number of other factors.  i think in general this is an accurate description though.  i've thrown both discs quite a bit in almost all plastics except new champ wraiths and dx plastic.  

who wants to add to this?

Both have the same glide, turn and fade. So it just depends on if you can throw a speed 12 disc or a speed 11? Just remember, speed is your ability to throw at that level. I carry a 155g Star Destroyer, but I use it when I have a headwind. Since I can't throw a disc of that speed and stability. It's more overstable than it should be. So it works for me with a headwind, but for a normal day. It's my 166g Wraith all the way. Also, I find the Wraith to be better suited for nice tight fairways that have little roon behind the basket for those wide rimmed uber skips.

300 or so form is really coming together lately also i throw forehand primarily

my back hand form is unreliable but ive had some grat shots with it

I've got a star wraith, and DX Destroyer. Destroyer is good for mid distance shots, but is easy to turn over.

As far as the Wraith I haven't thrown it much, other than a few times I've flicked it and it's hard for me to throw it without the death shake. I'm working more on my flick, as I can kinda aim better with it and get them to go right. My bh is decent, but trying to control where my disk leave my hand. Was throwing wrong and twisting my wrist. Now I am having to learn to re aim again.

I would have to go with the wraith here. It's one of those disc that made a big difference in my game. At first I used them as my stable driver then as my distance came along its now my straight driver for shots around 330. But the one reason I really like it is the skip factor, I can control skip shots with a wraith all day long. On the other hand I have seen a destroyer thrown over 550 feet, I have yet to see that happen with a wraith. Now for those of us who are human, Go with a wraith.
i believe the destroyer's fade is a 4 and the wraith is a 3.  splitting hairs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968