www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Well I must say these straps are pretty darn comfy. With the gel pads and all the elastic straps ( I'd say double the Quads elasticity) As of my second round of golf. I would give these a A+ in comfort. It truly felt like there was alot less weight that I was carrying around with these straps. Quality appears on par with the Quads. If anything. There is fewer plastic clips on these straps. Also, since the clips that connect to the bag rotate/swivel. I would think there is less rotational tourque to the clips.
I will see how these hold up compared to the Quads, but if they last as long. Like I think they will. They are WAAAAYYY more comfortable than any other 'backpack" style straps out there. I am amazed at how much lighter my bag felt with these. I would reccomend these without thinking twice about it!

Peace!

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how much are they?
For the most part they seem to run around $40.00 + shipping. Seems to vary a few bucks depending on the site. I got mine at Sunking for around $38.00 plus shipping.
We've got these, as well as the Innova and Phenix ones, at the Throw Shop. I've never before used any quads, but today we got delivery of a huge new shipment of Fade Gear bags, and I am taking one for myself (Hat Rack Black), to which I will add a set of these DGA gel straps. (I'm a sucker for new things.)
They really are comfotable BUT the durabillity sucks!!!!
I won a pair of the new gel straps in a drawing at Worlds. I can imagine they're great for guys, but they don't sit right on my shoulders. I tightened them all the way, but the gel strap part won't stay on my shoulders and the front part with the rubber logos rides up in my armpits. The shock absorbers are great, though; my bag didn't seem to bounce around on my butt as much. Now, if I could just find a way to make them stay in the right spot on my shoulders...
Maybe, someone will design some backpack straps with the ladies in mind...
Phenix does make a smaller pair of Quad Shocks, but it had to do more with height than gender.
Were they the redesigned ones?
hey now,good choice with the Fade tourney bag.No complaints with my Physco bag.Interested with your take on the use of gel quads with this bag however.

Original QuadShock

LockDown QuadShock w/ Sternum Strap

DGA Gel—Strapz™ DGA Gel—Strapz help to redistribute the weight of your disc bag. The Gel-Strapz™ integrated suspension and advanced gel foam padding provides comfort and the breathable lining wicks away perspiration. Universal clips for attaching to any D-ring.
what do you mean man? you're the only one who knows anything about the durability and that's all you say?? come on dude why does the durability suck???

i think plenty of us want to hear more details if thats true!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968