www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm bout to purchase a practice basket and i've narrowed it down to these two but i just can't decide. I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on either of these. Thanks.

Views: 438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends what's important to you. Mach Lite is lighter and more portable. Sport is heavier duty and more like a permanent basket on a course.
I would choose the sport if you don't have to move it around much. One of my friends has one and it is cumbersome to pack in the car and also you have to take it apart, all 40 lbs. of it! The sport is more realistic and alot better if you plan on leaving it outside like I see a lot of people do because there is no fabric to weather.

The Mach Lite is a great portable basket because it only weighs 20-25 pounds, and the top and catch pan fold down so it is way easier to take with you.

The price is somewhat different between the two. I guess it really depends on how "portable" you want it to be. The mach lite and the skill shot are a little more compairable and both are very portable. I like to be able to set mine up quick between rounds away from the ruckus of everyone else and putt. Once I'm done I don't want anything bigger and heavier than what I need. My vote goes to the Mach for a true portable, and the sport for semi-portable.
mach lite we have one and its great just like a full size but in a portable.
DGA Mach Lite !!!!!
HAhaha! Lotto, don't look!

Donny Olow said:
DGA Mach Lite !!!!!
I have both. Really depends on where you travel and set up. A Wheel helps out alot with the Discatcher Sport.
The Sport will last much longer. Its only weak point is the bead weld where the basket connects to the center posts. Our club has had to re-weld it a couple times. Still I consider it a real workhorse over the long haul. Plus you can modify it with some extra inner chains.
I just got a sport, and it's been a game changer for me. I don't think it's all that hard to move, and it assembles with four screws. I recommend getting one of those Stanley brand flashlights that have the tri-pod legs too. It makes for really great night practice when you place one right under the basket. I'll probably add some chains as I've had my gumbputt bounce off the center post once or twice. ... probably operator error though....
Discgolfcenter.com has free shipping on the Sport too.
Love my Mach lite! Made a great X-mas tree too!

DGA mach lite is much easier to move around and all the portables do the same thing anyway for that matter use a tree
DGA got it going on, we have three in the family. one of them is in my living room, not as a xmass tree though that is an excellent idea. no needles to clean up

second would be the classic ching portable skill shot? although this can hold water if left outside. whatever happened to ching discs?
They are both great targets.

I sold my Discatcher Sports and have had sellers regret. They are great for the price.

The Mach Lites are good for the portability factor. I carry two in the trunk of my car.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968