www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I won a rogue today and would like some info on this disc. I know it made by Discraft and is similar to a Surge. What plastics does this disc come in? Mine is kinda Z I think, not really as transparent. What is the difference between the Surge and Rogue? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tags: rogue

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is an "esp" type blend and it's the only plastic it comes in. I would compare it more to a flash in stability. I love it.
I throw the limited edition rogues made of sparkle Z plastic. these discs fly like understable surges, if comparing to innova I would equate them to slightly more stable sidewinders. I use them for heavy tailwind bombs, left to right holes I can't reach sidearm, big s-curves. I have been surprised how well it flies sidearm, as well. Really nice disc!! enjoy. I think the type of plastic you won is the DGA proline plastic and I have heard it is not quite as stable as their Z counterparts
NICE !!! congratulations. I won a 2008 Worlds Stamped rogue last month as my first ever DGA plastic. I've field tested for a couple weeks now and she goes just about as far as my Valkyrie. It's pretty stable right now but when I get her to a moderate wear I'm sure it'll become more understable. Peter is right about the huge tailwind bombs... this disc is in my arsenal.
The two I have are both first run DGA Rogues. they both fly pretty much the same and are wore in equally. after learning it I love it. you can get them to go straight if thrown low and flat without too much power, or do some nice S shots as well. I would compare it to my Valkyrie , but slightly more stable. just slightly.
For me it's a disc that requires good "touch" and just the right amount of snap to do what I want, but that's most discs, isn't it ? :)
I agree with Eric. The better touch anhyzer the thrower has, the better results they will have with a Rogue. I prefer the ESP Rogues over Z, but thats personal preference to the plastic. All around a great disc, so I hope people dont "downplay" the disc because it is built by Discraft.
Rogue = Roadrunner, in my book.
The other answers covered your questions pretty good.

Sparkle Z and ESP.
Less overstable than a Surge.
Nice long driver for medium power players.
I never had a 1000 rated round BEFORE I started throwing the Rogue.
I never had a 420 foot tournament drive on flat ground before I started throwing the Rogue, also.
Thanks for all the info if I can get a hold of a dyed one I'll add it to the bag.
That's so weird... I JUST got a Rogue in yesterday.... my second DGA discs (1st was the Shockwave.. a great disc by the way). I have not thrown it yet 'cause I'm gonna dye it w/ a pic of Rogue (fingers crossed, hopefully). If it comes out right I'll post pics...

I was going to ask about the disc too.... cool! I love my Surges but since I got some tips on my technique... I cannot really get those to stary straight for me, so I went to the Flash... much better right now with that and if the Rogue is like that it should work out....

Let me know what you think of it... good luck!!!
understable.. inbetween a beast and monarch.. lotta glide
I really like Rogues. They are my primary long range anhyzer drivers. The glide on this disc is exceptional. It is designed to be a slighty less stable version of the Surge. The various runs of the Rogue vary a bit but they are all useful. The newest runs of floursecent red ones are the most flippy yet and superb.
In regards to the run of a particular disc, any idea which run a factory died rogue would be? Is the a distinguishing difference between runs?
Matt Sink said:
In regards to the run of a particular disc, any idea which run a factory died rogue would be? Is the a distinguishing difference between runs?

Well the Rogues are not dyed at the factory. They are dyed at J-Bird Acres. The fact they are dyed only means they started out white or clear or some other light color. The difference in flight characteristics for a disc fo this type comes down to thousandths of an inch, and mostly relates to the dominess of the shoulder or the nose angle. In short there may be no human in existence who can tell the difference by looking at one (Maybe Jim Kenner or Mike Wagner on a good day. But then again they might be guessing). The only way you will ever know is by throwing them. But it doesn't really matter. They are all great and all in candy plastic, so they last for years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968