www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

DGr.US disc/Tournament!- more input needed (especially from Ann Arbor locals)

We have come up with an idea to run a DGr.US sponsored tournament instead of just making some discs. There will still be some available for sale online and we still need artwork- but the date/name/location of the event is TBD so artwork won't do much now unless it's real nice and has discgolfersr.us in it and can add space for an event name and a date!
Winning artwork can get free entry and a set of discs. (Guidelines for artwork TBD)!

Some ideas and your input needed:

*There are several 'available' dates, which one works best for you (if you really plan to come)?

May 9th- same day as Flint tournament

May 10th - nothing on schedule

May 22nd (sunday)- day after Thrills at the Mills

May 30th/31st - same day as Angry Squirrel in Albion

June 6th- day before DGLO Ams (this day would likely be doubles @ the Mills as it makes the most sense).

June 20th/21st

*Two options: (1) 27 hole tournament at B.R.A.T.S or Bandemer- this can be any of the available dates (vote); (2) 24 or 36 hole doubles, divisional playing the same tees as in DGLO for the Ams, AT Hudson Mills the day before the Am DGLO.

Which option sounds more fun or would bring you out to play?

*There would be added cash to Open fields (with $ from disc sales- amount can't be known ahead of time but could be 200-500$), Am payouts in plastic from the 4 models of discs w/the tournament custom stamp and several other available items, priced low enough to actually walk away with some plastic if there's a good turnout!

*Field capped at 45 for Bandemer or BRATS due to 9 holes.

*No cap for Hudson Mills option if doubles.

Any input is greatly appreciated I want to make this successful and good fun for all.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wat discs are there going to be with the stamp on them?
Crystal Buzz Challenger, Z Force, and something else
The Zone will go quick

Ben Calhoun said:
Crystal Buzz Challenger, Z Force, and something else
Decided.

*Date: Sunday May 17th

*Divisions: Am3, Am2, Am1, Am Master, Am Women, Open, Open Women (2 minimum for a division no solos but Women). Entries from 10-25$. Food will be available, probably for a minimal 1$ fee for pizza/pop. 45 Player Cap to the field, RSVP here to ensure entry when it's posted. 9 baskets= 45 players.

*Tournament Name: B.Y.O.B to B.R.A.T.S

*Artwork: Still needed! Must include name, 'www.discgolfersr.us', and date. Must conform to Discraft hotstamp specs. located here..'http://www.discraft.com/art.html'. This will be the foil type, not fullcolor. If you'd like to submit a design, please let me know. I'd like them by the end of the week so the discs can be made and sold soon. Your artwork could be seen on a limited edition DGRUS stamp! Free entry and 2 discs for winner.

*Other Details: Contact me any time to help work on the course or play a practice round when available. Discs will be Crystal Buzz, Crystal Challenger, Z Force, Esp Zone. A few hats, minis and D Challengers will be available for the payout as well. Ams- payout w/ the custom discs priced low to boost payout, Pros- payout with added cash if I can sell the discs beforehand! 100% payout from entry fees too.

Unsanctioned, play by pdga rules but for a few course rules.

27 or 36 Holes, mix of long and short tees.
Obviously he has played the course before. he knows about the lion and turtle. Nice and simple art.
I can play that day hopefully i can.

Will there be short tees used for me at least as i suck but still like to play.
Did you decide about the one guys suggestion for a pot luck??
Will the parking be up the street like for the DGLO party.
I am probably going to get pizzas if enough people come, you may bring food. Parking up the street off the side.
Short tees for Am3-Am2, maybe 1 round long for Am1, both for Pro.

I took pictures of them for the stamp actually. He took the picture and converted it to line form very nicely.
The discs are ordered! There will be 25 of: Crystal Challengers and Buzzes each, Esp Zones and Z Forces. Tentatively priced around 18$ online, 15$ in person. If you want to reserve one let me know!
just a post to get update mailings. i'll try to attend regardless of details.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968