www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The folks who are building the DGRUS Flymart were not, initially, going to have item categorization built in. After seeing the feedback we got in the past two weeks (Thanks!) they've decided that we will launch with some categorization. At first it will be just one level, with no subdirectories or subcategories.

I'm asking you folks to comment on and provide suggestions about what initial categorization might work best. Here is my first stab for your edification and dissection. (Actually, this is the third, edited list, already taking some suggestions into account.)

Putt & Aproach Discs
Mid-Range Discs
Driver Discs
150-gram Class Discs
Groups of Discs
Custom Dyed Discs
Used Discs

Collectibles
Fundraiser Discs
Media (books/mags/DVDs)
Clothing
Handicrafts, Art, Accessories

Bags
Targets

Minis & Mini-Disc Equipment

Other Disc Golf
Other (Pretty Much Anything, Within Reason)

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looks good. i agree with full contact disc golf that brand names would be a good filter as well.
Okay, brand names are something that can change over time, though, so I am not sure at what level we'd want to start with them - perhaps they can come later, when we have subdirectories? Also, we don't want *too* many categories to start with, all at one level.

We've got brand names for discs, targets, bags, . . . what else? How many brand names would we have to have if we just limited them to discs, bags, and targets?

Discs:
Discraft
Innova
DGA
Millennium
Lightning
Quest
Latitude 64

Bags:
Revolution
Discraft
Innova
Fade Gear

Targets:
Discraft
DGA
Innova

Sorry that this list is so incomplete. I am at work and preparing for a meeting.
How we overlook others

uuuuuuuuum,

Disc Player...
A sponsor this year and maybe? Not Or?
Why don't you do it like ebay and set up stores instead?
I would like to see a catagory for "Dyed DIsc" or "Custom Dyes" but other than that it looks like you have covered everything.
dont forget us we are a champion class target. maybe that would be a good sub grouping under targets is their new classifications.
mTerry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
Okay, brand names are something that can change over time, though, so I am not sure at what level we'd want to start with them - perhaps they can come later, when we have subdirectories? Also, we don't want *too* many categories to start with, all at one level.

We've got brand names for discs, targets, bags, . . . what else? How many brand names would we have to have if we just limited them to discs, bags, and targets?

Discs:
Discraft
Innova
DGA
Millennium
Lightning
Quest
Latitude 64

Bags:
Revolution
Discraft
Innova
Fade Gear

Targets:
Discraft
DGA
Innova

Sorry that this list is so incomplete. I am at work and preparing for a meeting.
Okay, here's where we're at right now with the categories:

• Bags
• Clothing
• Discs - 150-gram Class
• Discs - Custom Dyed
• Discs - Collectibles
• Discs - Drivers
• Discs - Fundraiser
• Discs - Mid-Range
• Discs - Putt & Approach
• Discs - Sets, Bundles
• Discs - Super Class
• Discs - Used
• Handicrafts, Art, Accessories
• Media - Signs + Books, Magazines, DVDs, Games
• Minis & Mini-Disc Equipment
• Targets
• Other Disc Golf
• Other (Pretty Much Anything, Within Reason)

Comments?
Great,
What are the fees?
Since the specs for Vintage discs are being added to the PDGA guidelines, I would suggest either having a category called: Discs - Catch + Vintage or combine it with one already on your list: Discs - Colllectibles + Vintage.
We're discussing fees right now. Since this is mostly a traffic driver for us, I am certain they will be less than eBay's. I don't know much about the fees other kinds of marketplaces might need to charge, yet.

-

Disc Player Sports said:
Great,
What are the fees?
i love what you're doing here. i like to be able to handle everything on one site. hopefully you can make it more affordable for the golfers while making it more profitable for the store owners.
I like what Disc Player Sports asked, as far as what about stores or store fronts with in the flymart???????????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968