www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Getting this thread set up as the place where people can complain or ask for help figuring how to buy and sell in the DGRUS Flymart when it goes live - very soon.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When adding an item for sale, some things to bear in mind:

(a) Give each item "tags" and also select the proper category - both of those things will help the store look more organized and help potential buyers find your merchandise;

(b) If you have multiples of an item, each one will have to be put in separately (for now, they're working on that);

(c) Don't forget to add a shipping and handling fee (and maybe note "domestic only" if you don't want to be surprised by an international shipping cost);

(d) There is no input field for the cost - instead, add the price at the end of the text description string of the product, for example: "This is a first-run, 174-gram with a beautiful stamp. $13" - the store captures that "$13" and makes it the price; and

(e) If you put an item in incorrectly, just delete it and put it back in.
May I suggest a standardization of entry for example..
< Disc Name > < Plastic Type > < Weight > < Color > < Condition > < Run if Known > < Price >
That would be good. We cannot build that into the store, so it is up to sellers. But it would be a good thing if people adopted that. I would add < stamp > where pertinent, maybe after < color >, so:

< Disc Name > < Plastic Type > < Weight > < Color > < Condition > < Run if Known > < Price >

OR

Discraft Avenger, Elite, 172-74 grams, red, No Foolin' stamp, first run $15

And also use categories and add tags.
In my case the price is not firm until you place an order for the mini.
Curly Koa being more expensive than grain Koa and Coco Bolo is more than curly Koa. And the size of the box or plate would effect both price and shipping. I will have a line of items for sale I have made already. I have a store and I'll began adding there.
Dave, I bought one of the boxes (or thought I did) a few days ago. Did you receive that? I'm not sure that "te price is not firm" will work in the store. Maybe if each one was listed individually, with its specific price.
Terry, I have found it to be really easy to imput the items. It will be nice once they get it where you don't have to re-enter a duplicate item.

Other Questions:
In the future will you be able to revise a listing without deleting it and entering it again?

What is the clarification on Fundraiser discs? Does that mean you are selling them to raise funds, such as a 2009 Worlds Z Drone, or as in any CFR type discs from any event/club/year? I listed a few under that category that were left over MDGO discs as they have the fullcolor stamps on them, but now am wondering if that was a correct lablel for those.

Some of the bundles that will be listed, I assume, may also consist of various used discs or minis as to meet the minimum price, so this may be confusing as if they should be listed under used, bundle or in some cases, mini. That being the case, perhaps there should be extra categories added for these items or minimum price lowered to keep this from being an issue, if that is possible.

Just a few questions I was having while listing items. Other than that I think it is great! Definately a great addition to this site.
Hey Terry,
Been trying to add some more items and I cant. I just get the working symbol indefinitely. The search function doesn't seem to be working for me either I get an index not found error. Also some of the descriptions dont want to stay open, they pop open for a second and then close again. I'm assuming these are just temporary glitches? It was working fine a few days ago when I was playing around.
Thanks for the help Terry. They are working to figure out my particular problem with posting. I am sure I will be on soon. Thanks again.
Hippydisc, I had that happening to me too. I didn't realize it but I was logged out somehow, so I logged back in and it worked fine.
thanks I'll give it a try
tried that still had a problem. Changed the res. on my pics and it worked fine.
Mike, I am not sure about the future of editing already listed products.

I envisioned the Fund Raising category as for current fund raisers, and that former fund raisers would be collectibles. But all is in flux right now, so we'll see. Yes, we can do more categorization and I am open to ideas on that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968