www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Sheila and I are engaged in the very early stages of planning for a fully-integrated DGRUS Flymart. What we are looking at is a functionality that would let any member of the network offer up items for sale in a smooth-looking storefront. Anyone could buy from the flymart, whether a member of the network or not. Sellers would be responsible for fulfillment. Money transactions would be handled transparently by an extremely highly-respected third party. Members could put mini-storefronts on their "My Bag" pages or on any other social network page where such applications can be dropped in, such as Facebook or MySpace. We would want fees for transactions to be a good deal, too, definitely less costly than eBay.

Reaction? Thoughts? Among other things, do you prefer a minimum transaction fee of a set dollar amount, or some percentage? Fixed, or sliding?

Tags: DGRUS Flymart, eBay, flymart, store

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BRILLIANT! Get this man a Guinness!

I like your ideas! Sorry no suggestions!
This is a great idea, Red Line Disc Golf & Apparel has been looking into alternative other than ebay that is to get our disc golf apparel out there. None of us here would have an issue with paying per item or a flat rate, in fact we would rather support this site than any other out there.
Suggestions:
It would be nice if the postings were broken down by item type, example: Disc, Clothing, Bags, Accessories, Improvement, Collectibles, etc. this way if your are looking for a specific item it could be listed categorically. I know that some items could fall under several categories so you would need to set it up so that an item can be posted in different categories but when sold would drop off both list.

It would also be nice to set up sort options like: location (zip code of sell in comparison to buyer), price.

Some sort of customer feed back like our comments would be awesome, but not the ebay type of format(never enough room to really say what you want, epically if you have a really good or bad experience) something like the format we are using now with the addition of some sort of Good, Indifferent, Bad rating (Ace, Par, Bogey).

Again thank you Terry for all the had work, we love this site and the community that uses it has been great please keep us in the loop!
Excellent idea, Terry. I agree with Bruce that some % fee contingent on sale would be the way to go - using a sliding scale.
I love the idea. I could get into selling disc golf art as well. This site gets a lot of traffic from disc golfers so I'm looking forward to it.
Would suggest running your Flymart like "Craigslist."
Simpler the better. There are many logistics involved. Tying in shipping costs, etc.
Will the customer call you or through email? What about transferring of funds? Merchant service costs? PayPal? Authorize.net, Shopping carts? All want a piece of the action.
Ever been to Ebay? They charge you for everything, from photos, to posting.
Those little charges add up.
Also, from experience, most 'disc golfers' are looking for a bargain not a realistic sale.
If you can get through these negatives, making you aware (if you are not all ready) more power to you!
Right on Terry!!

Bart

www.DiscGolfFlyMart.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968