www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anybody provide any insight?

Tags: Eagle-L, Eagle-X

Views: 1054

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd say stability. Judging by my other Innova discs. The "X" is a more stable version, while the "L" is a less stable version of the standard Eagle. Being a confessed plastic junkie. If you have the patience and funds. You have to try the classics in true CE plastic. There is nothing that compares to these discs. The only negative, is you end up carring extra discs. Because I won't throw my CE stuff unless I'm close to 100% sure I'm going to find them. So I carry my "i don't care if they get lost discs"
Chicken, yes, but as you know CE is not cheap. Worth every penny though. Also, you can buy used CE plastic for a decent price. That's what I do now.
I've noticed that when looking for Eagles in champ plastic they note a difference of L and X. What version are the standard DX runs?
Just went through some of my Eagle's. aside from one, they all have just an "E". So I would say the DX would also just be the standard Eagle. No "L" or "X". Since they seem to be special runs of the disc. I say this also based on my Firebirds, which is a mix of "F", "FL , and "FX". I would also think that if you are buying over the internet. The seller will note what type of Eagle it is.
Are the differences subtle or noticeable enough to warrant getting the different types to throw?
I can only venture a guess but, based on my Firebirds. Since those are the only ones I've thrown in all the diff. molds. So, based on them I'd say yes, but I'd also say it's minimal. I would say it's no diff than if you picked up a standard set of three of the same discs. Only to find one is more stable or less stable than the other discs.
Mind you, I don't throw that far and the Firebird is a hyzer pig. So I don't know if it will be as noticeable on a less stable disc.
From the SunKing website:
Limited Edition Tournament Fundraiser! The Eagle-L mold was originally used in the early runs of CE Eagles and features a flatter, smoother bottom half than the Eagle-X mold. As for flight characterisitics, theEL falls in tightly between the Eagle-X and Teebird and has a smooth, reliable flight.
I've never seen a disc that says "EL", but I have seen the Eagle X's marked with an "EX". The Eagle X's have a Teebird/Firebird type of ridge on the edge of the disc, whereas the plain Eagles (E) do not.
It's weird how all the other Innova "L" series discs have it right in the name (TL FL SL) but the Eagle doesn't even differentiate on the bottom marking (except some star eagles that say 'SEX' on 'em). They have made them both in almost every plastic. I think all the Stars are X'es now though.
You have to be able to spot the diff. when you are buying them. Luckily...it's fairly obvious: concavity on wing edge = X, straight wing edge = L

They fly fairly similar but the fade is greater on my X's...and they also fight the wind a bit better (as you'd expect).
I will only buy X's now because the L has overlap with other discs- still both great discs
Maybe they were worried about copywrite issues... EL....Kabong? Ya know, seems alot of stuff Innova does has no set reasoning to it? Just plain old Bass Ackwards!
i've got a CE eagle

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968