www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I tried my friends pro katana recently and really liked it.  I like to keep it as cheap as possible and obviously champion and star plastic is much more durable.  My thought was I'd wait til they started producing the katana in star plastic before purchasing one so it will last longer assuming I don't lose it. 

Having just purchased a pro boss, I have found that it doesn't fly the same as my original star boss and I have to release it more level than the anhyzer angle I could put on that original star boss without it turning over.

So... the question is has anyone thrown both the pro and star katanas and if they are similar in release angle/flight paths before I drop the cash on one?      

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice, kind of put my foot in my own mouth. just trying to help you out. that wont happen again, too bad ive been playing for a long time.
Isn't it more of a claw in beak :/ lol!! Sorry I just couldn't help myself!

P.S. I truly do and would alway like your inputs when I post. So I hope you don't stop!
I was just giving you a hard time dude. That came off a harsher than I meant it.
If you want the best discs that Innova has to offer, spare no expence, buy a CFR Katana. CFR katana = Butter.
I noticed the CFRs on discgolfcenter.com. I know they are some form of Champion plastic, but what is the CFR all about???
CFR stands for champion fund raiser. Innova offers both classic and new molds in champion, and other plastics that are not available for retail. for example, star whippet X, and champion TL. Before the Destroyers were offered in champion, you could only get one as a CFR, same with the EXcals. Its a program designed to give clubs and TDs an opportunity to raise money for special situations.
So, these discs are made to be special. I have two AM worlds fundraiser Katanas that I paid 20 bucks each. They are well worth the extra bones.
Something I noticed the other day holding two Katanas in my hand. The CFR is slightly larger diameter than the Pro, maybe by 2mm but at least 1mm. They just felt like two different discs and when i started to look closer, not only was the CFR bigger but considerably flatter too.
So then I ask some of the guys at the mini if they were carrying a Katana and sure enough, their discs confirmed what i was looking at so I don't think either disc was just a miss-stamp.
Almost like two completely different discs, and of course the CFR is way more stable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968