www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hello, I’m looking for some info from veteran players who have experienced the durability of different plastic types.  I mainly have thrown innova discs so have become more accustomed to innova plastic, but would like to hear about all the different plastics.  My experience with innova plastic has been that champion plastic hardly beats in at all (I have only been playing about a year though), star plastic beats in within about a month or two of frequent playing and holds its flight pattern, dx plastic beats in quickly and pro plastic seems to come closest to flight ratings right out of the box and holds them with little variation (again I have only been playing about a year).  I am also wondering how long pro plastic will hold its flight characteristics since I have come to really like this plastic and am hoping I can throw a pro plastic disc for a year or more (assuming I am not hitting trees all week during play, lol)   Any info will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll try some lighter weights. Thx for the tip
Meathook..... Yup that's the name for it. Bought a pro destroyer yesterday for some headwind shots.... Keep in mind I'm in FL so headwinds usually aren't more than a breeze.... The new disc flies beautifully right out of the box. Might have to stick w the pro plastic. :)

The Lat64 Riot in Opto plastic will have less of a meathook effect and may give you the flight you are looking for. Since it's Opto plastic, it will stay with its flight rating for a long time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968