www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am having difficulty throwing Star plastic.  I have an RPro Boss and a Star Boss.  I have the same problem with the Star in a pair of Destroyers.  I can't throw the Star very far.  Why does everyone else have Stars on thars? 

Should I keep throwing it until it gets beat in more?  I anticipate and appreciate your ideas. 

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh those poor Sneetches. Perhaps it is the mold and not the plastic. The destroyers might just be too much for you right now.
Bosses and destroyers could just be too stable for you. Move down to valks and sidewinders and i think you see more distance and grow to love star plastic. I went through two or three bosses before i had the arm for it, i think we all sort of want the biggest baddest disc before we're ready for it, i know i did. Or star plastic could be cursed against you i guess.
One clear thing is the R-Pro Boss is not even similar to the Star Boss. It's like a completely different disc and should have a different flight rating something like 10, 6, -3, 1. The R-Pro is much lighter 140ish-160ish, too.
Yes, i just purchased or won a r-pro 160 blue boss to complement my 167 pro boss. Dont usually throw high speed discs but had to see if the distance claims were true and to an extent they are.The star plastic was meant to combine the grippiness of dx plastic and durability of champion .
IMHO Star plastic is the worst of both worlds, not as durable as Champ, not as much grip OR glide as Pro. It also gets dirtier than either. I have a First run Champ stamp Star Tee-Rex that flies great but it's white and gets all marked up just sitting in my bag rubbing on other discs.
Throw Champion plastic and stop F...ing around !!!! :)
That's pretty much right on Donny, and I think it's spelled fucking.
My Pro Destroyer is my best distance disc. I can easily throw 400' with it, hence my question. I have two other Destroyers (both Stars) that I can't get more than 325' out of. After looking thru my discs last evening, I also found a Star Wraith that I took out of my bag a few months ago. They just won't fly for me.
Are the Pro Boss and R-Pro Boss comparable in terms of flight pattern or is the pro boss much more stable?
Hey now...watch your language...there might be children on here...
Star Katana doesn't even look like a Pro Katana. The Pro is domed and the Star is flat. Why do they even call them the same thing? They are completely different discs. I threw a Lemon Lake the other day and I would love to get my hands on one of those. Love the Star Sidewinder and the Star TeeBird. The only Champion that I have is a Banshee.
the two boss's in my limited time using them seem to have the same stability, the r-pro may "breakin"faster though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968