www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone here ever throw a disc that they were totally disappointed in? I played a round with an Avenger SS in FLX plastic and I thought it was awful. I just could not get it to fly the way it was intended. It was a bummer because I usually love Discraft drivers. To me this one was a dud.

You can read the review on my blog if you have the time.

Any thoughts?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i agree with the avenger ss in flx plastic. love it in esp though. i also agree with the groove. the blitz is another one for me. i know it could have its uses, but it was not what i was expecting.
Not recently so much.....a while back in the KC plastic hay day...I picked a brand new KC whippet...175....first run I guess of the whippet in the KC plastic........First throw...expecting to power skip it...like other whippets..fast level low release...it turned over and rolled...I was like..."What The Hay" threw it a couple of more times to confirm it's whacked understability. Almost kept it as a roller. It was disappointing to say the least. Firebirds were coming out then. I didn't buy another whippet till the DX WX versions showed up....those were great for 6 months to a year but eventually they went away.
I really like the Avenger SS in ESP plastic. It is by far the best roller disc I have thrown, other than that it is just a utility disc for weird ass situations.
167 pink pro destroyer, i bought it thinking it would break in to be long and far. it never broke in for me . it was too stable for me and when my son used it ,it would flip over for him at the most inopportune times. i think we had grip issues with the wide rim. then one day the destroyer just disappeared
I was also dissapointed in the groove, but I honestly think alot of it is the fact that I don't have the arm for it.
um where do I start? 08 thrower roc, this most inconsistant disc ive ever thrown. The groove, mine went from more overstable than a boss to flying like a beat up dx valk in about 5 throws. oh and innova in general, it got really old buying the exact same disc in the exact same plastic and weight and having them do completly diff things, minus the roc hard to find a bad one in dx or kc
Must have gotten a bad Whippet. I have a Champ Whippet and have had a KC as well. It's so crazy overstable. I can't find a use for it.
I would have to say. ANY Discraft driver I've ever bought! Minus my 150 class Flick. I just can't get those suckers to fly for me, but I still buy them. I have a Z Stalker that makes a nice paper weight! Now I'm not a Discraft hater either. I love their midrange stuff (Drone and Buzzz)
oh man I threw a proto stamp stalker today that thing was bangin! just like a buzzz but waaaay longer
A long time ago I recieved a FLX Surge in a trade, and I thought it could be the disc that changed the game of disc golf for me. It feels real good in my hand, its to bad that it throws like a piece of junk.
The other disc I that really let me down was an ESP Tracker. I love my Elite Z Tracker, and throw it %60 of my drives, I bought and ESP Tracker just for something a bit different, in a different color. It throws alright, but not nearly the same as my Elite Z Tracker, in fact it throws like a completly different kind of disc.
I'd say the ESP Avenger SS was actually pretty nice as well, never threw the FLX, BUT I did throw the FLX Surge SS and didn't like that one at all. The Z version is better, but I still prefer the ESP Surge. The Avenger SS in ESP was similar to my champ sidewinder by my estimation at the time. But somehow the sidewinder won the battle and I haven't gone back.
They really vary from run to run. I had one with the stability of a destroyer and the other was flippier than my sidewinder. I'm sure there are some perfect ones out there, but I don't have the patience for such variance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968