www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone here ever throw a disc that they were totally disappointed in? I played a round with an Avenger SS in FLX plastic and I thought it was awful. I just could not get it to fly the way it was intended. It was a bummer because I usually love Discraft drivers. To me this one was a dud.

You can read the review on my blog if you have the time.

Any thoughts?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ever throw a Z XS or ESP Surge or Z Predator? The Surge especially for me is fantastic, but the other two are really passable drivers. Avengers, Flashes, Pulses, and XLs are all pretty great too, but aren't in the bag. Actually my only discraft driver is the Surge though. If I ever get discraft sponsored I'm ready to jump right in though. :-) I putt with challengers and drive with zones. Great stuff..want to get a drone as well.
i pulled out my flx avenger ss yesterday and thought it was amazing that day when i baught it though it was a dud i guess its just the timing
I wouldn't trade my Groove for anything else. And everyone that has thrown mine wants one too. Too bad they're inconsistent like that. Mine is the best and easily longest disc in my bag.
Honestly, I know people swear by them, but I just can't get a Buzzz to work for me. Happiest day in my life was replacing the Buzzz and Wasp with 2 DX Rocs. It's wierd I know, but that's why it was so dissapointing. But everyone hates the Groove, but I can throw mine a good 20 to 30 feet farther than any other disc in my bag and do it accurately.

I got a free Raging Inferno DT. That thing is insanely overstable, it's pretty much unthrowable, I was dissapointed in that after readong some solid reviews on it. I now use it VERY effectively for overhand throws. If you have that insanely overstable disc that you can't throw, pull it out and throw a thumber with it, then it might find a place in your bag again.
I'm pretty sure I can say. I've tried them all. The only one that came close to staying in my bag was the XL, but then my daughter threw it in the water. I just always find an Innova counter part that works better for me. You will love the Drone on those windy days or for those hyzer shots. Get it in Z plastic if you can still find one. It's not the most overstable of the plastics, but it will fly true much longer than the others.
I guess I remember you giving imput on the pred vs firebird thread, so my bad there. I guess mostly I've found your statement: "I always find an innova counterpart that works better," to be true...somewhat begrudgingly.

I'm not sure that I really NEED the drone in my bag, but I'm curious about it. I already carry a teerex-x, firebird, a champ roc, and a zone in my bag for those overstable needs. I throw the zone a LOT now though and that peaked my interest in the drone.
Agreed Dave! The ESP Avenger SS is an awesome backhand roller. I have yet to try the FLX version but I do have one I will have to try. The FLX surge is a good roller because of the FLX plastic, it seems to hook up really good when it makes contact with the ground and be less effected by twigs, sticks, gravel than a harder plastic.
Try a Pro Starfire or Pro Wraith !
Spectra! Thought for sure those pretty super colors would throw better than that. LMAO
i love the spectra, but mine hangs on the wall. got a buddy that can bend one like beckham, throws it 20 times a round.
the drone is sweet ive got one in Z from worlds this year and its the best forehand midrange ive thrown, oh and its a good bit more overstable than the zone too
im with you on the spectra its makes a great hyzer flip disc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968