www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone here ever throw a disc that they were totally disappointed in? I played a round with an Avenger SS in FLX plastic and I thought it was awful. I just could not get it to fly the way it was intended. It was a bummer because I usually love Discraft drivers. To me this one was a dud.

You can read the review on my blog if you have the time.

Any thoughts?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ha ha! how about the Turbo putter! good chew toy.
I have an Avenger SS in the FLX plastic and my bag and it is a great utility disc for hard turning shots. Besides that anyone with power will not want to throw the disc for a straight drive. Its also good for beginners. I have to agree with the Groove. I have yet to see someone throw the disc consistantly. I have a hard time thinking its possible.
Come watch me bomb it between 350 and 400+ consistently and with a pretty S turn to end dead straight.
The Discraft 'Ace Race" disc. Junk!
the groove it flips sometimes other times it overstable ,and it doesn't get me near as far as a xclabier or destroyer or even a tee-bird for that matter it's junk
It's wierd, I must have been blessed to get the one good Groove Innova manufactured. God forbid I have to replace it lol. I'm now getting glad It's Champion Plastic because by the time it wears I will have found something comperable. Mine acts exactly like my Sidewinder only about 50 to 70' longer. Maybe it was the tree I hit with it first drive ever. I ripped it HARD into a tree about 30' out from the tee pad first throw lol. Loved it ever since.

Anyone wanna buy the ONLY good Groove in the US???? It's not gonna be cheap!

The only discs I can throw nearly as far as my Groove is my Boss on a good rip, and the Valkyries with a little bit of a Hyzer release. I really wanted to get me another for backup, but now I'm afraid I'll just waste my money.

And I'm not getting another lightweight R-Pro Boss because they have nearly NO durability. That was VERY dissapointing because it's a really sweet disc, I just don't want to have to buy new ones every month or so.
The stalker by discraft. I just can't seem to get the hang of. As far as avengers I like them alot and my flx surge is great. I also agree that the r-pro boss is a awesome disc but the r-pro plastic is so so. I thought at first it was going to hold up but after a few more rounds it is getting beat up. I will still carry it though for those long open shots.
I actually traded for a really reliable Groove. It was flat topped and consistently overstable. I ended up selling it because I don't really have the need for another overstable disc, and I found the Force to be a much better disc anyway. Still, flippy was the last thing that came to mind when I threw it.
I'm only Bummed when a disc I like , Breaks !!
Mine actually does exactly as advertised, high speed understable, low speed overstable, BIG S turn long and fast disc. And flew like that from the first time I ever threw it. I honestly LOVE that disc. It's going to be a shame if I can't get another that works like this one.
That was back when we trusted the weights as they were marked....thinking back and knowing what I know now...I would bet it was marked wrong....way wrong.
Monster - I was told it was comparable to a Boss, someone lied to me.
Groove - Felt good and was rated fairly good for sidearm, but it threw like a pizza box, even backhand didn't help.
Destroyer - Thought it would be similar to a Wraith, it sails like a beginner disc.
Cyclone - I was told it was the replacement for the X-Clone, which is no longer being made, it didn't measure up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968