www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone here ever throw a disc that they were totally disappointed in? I played a round with an Avenger SS in FLX plastic and I thought it was awful. I just could not get it to fly the way it was intended. It was a bummer because I usually love Discraft drivers. To me this one was a dud.

You can read the review on my blog if you have the time.

Any thoughts?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Quest AT Inferno and the Raging Inferno - supposed to glide forever but I've thrown concrete that glides better. Might try one for a thumber, though . . .
I have a raging inferno I got as my free $5 disc from Marshall Street. That thing has nearly no glide, it just dive bombs hard left about 50' out RHBH, and it doesn't matter what kind of wind you throw in to. Threw the thing in the yard to play with my neighbors dog when I feel like tossing a disc for him to fetch. Then I read that highly overstable discs make great overhand discs.

Pulled that sucker out and thumbered the heck out of it, and put that sucker right back in my bag.

Big time dissapointment that turned out alright.
i've had two champ grooves and i like them a lot, but sometimes i am disappointed with how easy it can turn over on a forehand. i seem to do it too often. i have an eco-star groove on its way and i think that it will help with the stability. i guess if it doesn't work out you'll see my post here later ha ha
Spectra!
I would have to say my biggest dissapointment ws the Boss in all plastics. This disc was way more understable then I advertised. I have thrown Star and Champ and multiples of each and they all turn over like crazy. But it makes a good thumber disc.

Other dissapointements include

Diablo DT
Surge SS
Wolf
Firebird
Element X
Eagle
Valkyrie
Stratus , FLX stuff , Surge.

give it time to break in i don't know what kind of plastic it is , but i would like to try this disc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968