www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I currently have an Innova 10-12 disc bag and my collection is starting to grow rapidly.  I'm looking for a bag that will hold more, have a drink holder and possibly a few pockets for my keys, phone and a towel or two.  Any suggestions?  

Trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible as well.

Tags: Disc, bag

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion fade makes the best bag for the buck. I believe the tourney bag runs around $55. Mine has 22 discs in it currently; 7 putters, 4 mids, 11 drivers. It also has 2 small pockets; one holds keys, phone, extra towels. The other holds a very light jacket. The drink holders are big enough to hold a 32 oz gatoraid. I have had mine for going on 4 years now and is holding up nicely.
Fade tourney bags are cheap. The latitude 64 bag is under $100. Ive used both. The last bag will give you morebroom with bigger pockets but only 1 bottle holder. The fade bag will hold a lot of discs and has 2 water bottle holders. The 2 pockets are a little on the small side. Both are ggod bags under $100. The fade you can get bag with quad shocks for under $100. Quad shocks in my opinion are better then the fade straps.

I currently have the lat64 pro bag and I love it.. super well made. I had a fade crunch box before this and can also vouch for the quality they put out.. you wont be disappointed with either fad or lat64

I had been looking at a few crunch bags on eBay.  They look great and I've seen a lot of people using them.  I haven't seen any lat64 ones but I'll have too watch out for them.  Thanks.
I've seen a bunch of the fade bags around and they look like a great deal.  I'm going to go up to my local disc store and see what they've got.  Thanks!
Cool, thanks.  I've seen some of those backpack type straps.  Is that the same as the quad shocks?

My partner and I are aspiring bag makers. We are currently designing a bag that would fit your profile :) Hit me up for pics and info on the bag if you are interested.

If you are looking for a "bag". Voodoo is one of the best designed as well as made bags out there. It's hard to find a bag that covers both of those qualities, but Voodoo pulls it off. I'd say this bag is at the top of the class rite now. Their side pockets are huge with sub pockets built inside of it. What took both pockets on my Revo bag, because of no sub pockets. Took only one pocket to fit them on the Voodoo. The internal disc frame is more like a tub/box that keeps the bag rigid and your discs from rubbing agains the inner fabric of the bag.

Go to discgolfcoursereview.com and search "voodoo bag". There are a ton of reviews on the bag! Is it cheap, nope! but it may be the last bag you ever buy. Well, unless your like me. Who keeps buying bags for no reason :)

I've made the jump to the backpack style bags for comfort. You can't beat them! They are pricey, but you might want to at least look at Mystery Ranch (golf mahal) and Grip's web sites just to cover your bases. I have both and the Grip has a great design, but the Mystery Ranch blows it away in top of the line backpack tech/quality. However the "tech" side is a pain in the butt (setting the yoke), but once you fit the bag. The comfort is crazy!

Peace!

The quad shocks are the backpack style you are thinking of. They are made by pheonix and are very durable. Ive seen others break. As talked about by rescue if youre going to drop a lot more money the golf mahal is what i have right now. That is by far the best of the 3 and has a life time warranty. It is however much more pricey and has a waiting list.

The Fade bags are a great deal, I just had to mess around with mne to get the balance right. For the money the Innova Comp bag and the Lat64 Tourney bag are great values. They are well balanced, hold a ton of discs, and they are made really strong. The Fade bags wore in, showed wear, and got floppy fairly quickly, but worked good. The Voodoo bags that I've seen are fantastic, the price is just up there, but will be my next bag.

I have a Fade Tourney Bag which I got for ~$50 from discgolfcenter.com, and I love it.  The stock shoulder strap that come with it litterally snapped on the first day out, but some kind of backpack/quad strap is a must anyway as a full tourny bag gets pretty heavy for one shoulder strap.

Good luck!

Thanks.  I'll have to check out that site.  I don't have a ton of discs yet but I'm sure by the end of the summer I'll have enough to be too heavy for one strap.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968