www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been messing around with trying to dye some of my discs, mainly Star plastic. I have been trying to do the paint on  Method using RIT Liquid dye with rubbing alcohol at a 2:1 ratio, and I am not having any success the dye mix is too liquidy and I am having a hard time achieveing a thicker paste. If any one can offer any advice or tips I would appreciate it, I am trying to avoid any boiling methods which may deform my disc. Thank you.

Views: 1523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice dye,Dook.
i didn't read all of the responses so i'm sorry if this is a re-post but in regards to thickening the dye i've heard (but never tried) adding corn starch can you up to a paste like consistency that you can even work with like play-doh and lay on the disc of several hours; the dye seeps from the paste to the disc.
the the ND means ? ive also seen a new liquid dye on the market called tulip ? well its new to me , i bought a bottle to try out anybody else tried this dye yet ?
i do the liquid dye paint method , seems to work  for me
Victory!!...I Found Some Rit Liquid Dye with the old Bar Code ending in "10" and it worked. Only problem i was so anxious to use it, I rushed my Stencil and it came out like crap! but at least i know it works...Thanks everyone for the Tips!
how many coats of dye did u use on the brush 1 ? ive found the more coats the darker it gets

If your question was direct towards me and "Harry Putter".

The answer wound be one coat.

I brushed several coats and left on for about five hours until all the Dye crystalized.

Then washed it off.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968