www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Do you or have you ever dyed any of your discs?  If so, what technique do you use?  Also, what's your favorite design that you've done?

Tags: Discs, designs, dying, technique

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Look at my photos. I have done over 150 dyes. I use the soak method.

I've done a handful of dyes...some shaving cream technique and a few hot dips.... this is one of my favorites i've done a custom made stencil mixing 3 of my buddy's and i's favorite things....312 chicago and disc golf..:)

Wicked Dyes DOES AMAZING DYES if your looking for a disc. AMAZING!!!!

Curioue about the shaving cream technique.

you take s/c and spread it evenly on a plate, take a ruller or anything with a straight edge and even it out, i personally use little squeeze bottles with a small hole in the squirter (to control flow) with my desired color....and make designs in the s/c bed and then i use a chopstick to make more swirls...kinda control what designs you are shooting for...it's really fun and i leave the disc in the bed for about 24-36 hrs. that's my personal preference. and then get some warm tap water running...remove the disc from the bed and bam you have a beautiful work of art!!! this one i did as my first commissioned dye job...a co-workers metal band on a champ orc.....i hand cut my stencil and put this thing in a bed of s/c with black, and grey swirled about and this is what i came up with....also...you can mix your dye with s/c and do some painting with it...there's a little of s/c paint i did on this one... hope you like!!

Thanks,like the dye outcome and your info.

What's the shaving cream technique?

This is my favorite of all my discs.  I gave "Wicked Dyes" from Michigan a picture of my father that passed away back in 2010, and he used his equipment to create a stencil.  I then in turn dyed it upon a disc.  It has been traveling all over the U.S. and being played in the many Disc Golf courses of this great nation.  My "dad" is currently in San Diego California and will be traveling to Hawaii.  For further information, you may look up the group and Disc cussion entitled "The Brotherhood of the Traveling Disc"

That's amazing!
I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing.  That disc is awesome.  It's really cool how it's traveling all over.

this one is another of my faves...

That's awesome!  I've never done a disc with 2 colors.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968