www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What course's have you played that end up eating someones disc every time? I live in Hilo Hawaii right now, and  "Wialoa Park" Seems to take some ones disc every time! Most of the time more then one! There are a few shots out over the water that are as unforgiving as could possible be! It kinda made me wounder how many of you face the same problem.

Tags: Lost, disc, disc's, drive, driver, eater, golf, hazards, lose, losing, More…lost, monster, water

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Riverside Park in GR, MI is a regular disc eater. This can be a good thing though. You can always bank on someone fishing them out and selling them for good price. There is nothing like paying $3 for high-end plastic.

Outside of water hazards, Meyer Broadway in Three Rivers, MI can be quite nasty during the summer months. Lots thorns and tall grass filled with ticks and lost plastic. My group lost 8 discs and found 8 different discs in the same day.
That would not be so bad being able to get the nice price like that! For us if you can't see it in the water it's gone! I carry a Golden Retriever ... and a pair of swim goggles in my bag, some times was get lucky!
Aquatic Park in Berkeley, CA. Played there 5 times, lost 7 discs in the water or in the trees. Very narrow course. NEVER playing there again!
Lumberjack Meadows in Alpena MI has a few nasties. Hole 7 is the worst though. Long open fairway but tight to the right is a super swamp with a foot of water disguised by 6 foot tall grass and shrubbery. Usually a disc goes in and doesnt come out.

We spent two hours digging around in there with waders on and found 6 discs but not the two we were looking for. Its super nasty for me because Im a LHBH but I have learned to play this hole smart.

Many other holes have tall grass as well, we cut the fairways with push mowers (30 hour job for two guys) so I would advise sticking to em. If your off the fairway you can usually find your disc but it may take a few minutes.

Watch for poison ivy too, its rather abundant in the fields!
Maple Hill, Leicester, Ma. Home of the Vibram Open.
There are at least 4 holes with water in play.

Great Picture!! thanks
The Fountain Fountain Hills Arizona it circles a man made lake.
TRUTH
fountain park
I play by two rules: 1) If there's water, don't play by it; 2) If you need a machete to get through a round, you probably shouldn't be there... :)
I know what you mean about the machete, I can't stand it when it's so over grown that you can't find a good shot!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968