www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my friend found a disc, and wasn't about to call the guy whose number was on the back, so while i was looking at it, i called the guy and told him i found a lost disc even though i hadn't found it myself. later i had to trade 2 discs to get this lost disc back from my friend since he was going to keep it and this guy really wanted it back. was it the right thing to call the guy back even though the disc wasn't under my discretion?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You did the right thing. Your "friend" should be ashamed. Lame. You probably should have just given the guy whose disc it was your friend's name, address and phone number. Then he could personally explain why he insisted on being an ass.
I agree with Jim and I am certain you did the right thing. I am also certain of an old adage I once heard and has bounced around my feeble brain since: No good deed goes unpunished.
Do good things to do good things, not for any hope of return.
I return all discs, pay shipping across the country myself (have been paid for a few ships w/ paypal, but that is like a 10% average)
You know what the B if it is? I have been returned 2 discs. Total. Both local and I have lost countless ones though the years on these courses.
But I am still returning everyone I find.
And honestly, is that really the actions of your buddy/friend/what have you?
I say Neh.
I have been through this with my Dad a time or two. I think I have finally convinced him that the right thing to do, is to call the owner.

Anyways, I dont think you were wrong to call the owner, but I wouldn't have traded two of my discs to get the other guy his disc back.
I think your friend is a tool, and not a handy one at that.

I guess you did the right thing. I probably wouldnt have because I didnt actually find the disc myself. To each his own.
If I found it I would have called, but if someone else finds it and they dont wanna call then I suppose its none of my business, it is true though that KarmA will return with a swift kick in the nutz for your homey.

Way to be a straight shooter......props!
Is this the same friend who disapproves of you putting with a Classic Roc?
lol suprisingly no
Weak .
Kudos to you are in order.How would your "friend" feel about the loss of his wallet,way more to lose granted.Perhpas the search for a new friend{s} are in order.Your reward will ten fold in life."Be the Good Guy".
I recently went through about the same thing with my brothers in law, I spotted a disc while looking for his in a water hazard, he fished it out but it was almost unreadable, we tried, but when I dropped them off he left it in my van and later that evening when my wife and I held it up to the light just right it could be read, so I called the fella and the next day drove 50 miles to return the disc and shoot a round with him, my brothers in law got really pissed because I returned the disc as the one who fished it out wanted to keep it, well I talked that one into joining me for our first tourney, and guess who was in our group, the fella I returned the disc to.......but the last couple of weekends I couldn't play because of my archery tourneys so we joined up on sunday at a Peru, IN course, and as we sat at the table for the first Tee, he whips out this black disc, "I found this last weekend and I colored it with a marker to cover up the name and number", to say I'm upset by this is a bit of an understatement... their finders keepers attitude has now got me pissed, and just cannot wait for Karma to bite em both in the nads........I did my part and pushed a few of their buttons myself, and ended up whipping the one by 8 points and Mr. Stickyfingers by 17, it was great, as they got me into this, and have been playing a lot longer than my own 2 1/2 months, and with every screw up on their part I was more than happy to extend my "professional" advise.......
Reid F., you did the right thing in calling the rightful owner of the disc, kudos to you!!.. and a bit of wisdom, Your friend has a better friend than you do.
We need a Wall of Shame where we can post the names of people who refuse to return discs. Let others know and they will be ashamed to be seen at the course.

We had a group of kids at the course who were thieving and when they were pointed out so that everyone knew who they were they couldn't do their thing anymore.
this is a great idea jim

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968