www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Announcing: the 5th Annual Disc Girls Gone Wild tournament, June 19-20. This PDGA Professional A-tier and Amateur B-tier even will be held at Sleepy Hollow State Park in Laingsburg, Michigan. Sign up as a player, support the event as a donor.
We are seeking sponsorships, from tee signs ($25) to cash contributions at three levels (just ask, we'll tell). Fundraiser discs are $25 each.
Activities will include a Breast Cancer raffle to benefit "Race for the Cure." Contact Erin Oakley on Facebook or e-mail valkhere@gmail.com for more information.

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

....a total let-down
^ this is why I said what I did. The immediate implication that of topless disc golfers.

But anyway I wanted to reiterate that I could be coming to the event (cashflow baby) with my girlfriend who I've been teaching to play. So its not that I have a problem with you, the event, or even people that want to go. My issue is simply with the name, as I don't like the "Save the ta-ta's" title as well. The reason I responded wasn't to be disparaging but to state that I am considering supporting the event despite the name (which my girlfriend would have an issue with as well).

One way or the other I'm not looking to draw this out any further. I've said my piece and will hopefully see some of you at the event. Also I'm not calling into question anyone's "feminism" that is way to much for a disc golf forum.

(p.s. could we get a pic of the fundraiser discs?)
Check out the wild disc girl in our new top-of-the-page image :)
So are there, or are there not going to be hot college co-ed's taking off their clothes at this tournament? If not, I for one am offended at the use of such a name without the goods to back it up. If I'm going to donate money to raise breast cancer awareness, I need some motivational eye candy to open up my wallet. The "Girls Gone Wild" franchise shall not be slanderdized by having a clothed event. Naked disc golf for all!!!

Love the name for your tournament, if you need a videographer with a mesh trucker hat reading "Disc Girls Gone Wild" to walk around and film the event, let me know. :)
If you imply that you expect to see my girlfriend topless at this tournament I swear to all I believe in you won't be throwing typing or ranting about ridiculous anythings for a very long time. I don't see anyone but you two self proclaimed feminists going over the line to reference such a thing. BE AN ADULT!
I totally just got on Sheila's FB. I love the picture Terry. You guys are great people and Sheila deserves the recognition for being such a good woman.
Disc Golf is founded on the premise of getting a little wild and extending the boundaries. That's where the sport came from. Enough said.

Best of luck with your tournament!
Hey Chris - discourse is cool and what's gone down here is a good example of "and/other" rather than "either/or." Always nice to keep an open mind in spite of opinions, wherever they may fall.

You can see the fundraiser discs on Facebook - Erin Oakley has some of the discs on her page.

And thank you for the support - that's much appreciated.
This was a press release/advertisement for sponsorship for the tournament. Comments questioning the event's name should not be registered on this thread. Yes, it's an open forum, but how would you feel if you were an organizer trying pull all the details together and you had naysayers directly below your ad?
I didn't see any feminists crossing any lines. The insinuating comments were not made by me or Chris. I think you might be confusing our comments with others. And your threat of violence borders another line in and of itself...
live and learn.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968