www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Announcing: the 5th Annual Disc Girls Gone Wild tournament, June 19-20. This PDGA Professional A-tier and Amateur B-tier even will be held at Sleepy Hollow State Park in Laingsburg, Michigan. Sign up as a player, support the event as a donor.
We are seeking sponsorships, from tee signs ($25) to cash contributions at three levels (just ask, we'll tell). Fundraiser discs are $25 each.
Activities will include a Breast Cancer raffle to benefit "Race for the Cure." Contact Erin Oakley on Facebook or e-mail valkhere@gmail.com for more information.

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So do girls have the right to "Go Wild" or do they need your approval first? Sounds like the Church Lady. Lighten up. There are much worse things going on in the world anyway. If women want to take their tops off then more power to them. Seems like all of this is just sidetracking from the original post. Support their effort and stop going on and on about nothing. I applaud the efforts of the people running the tournament. Stick to your guns and tell all the naysayers to "Go Bug Off"! Or substitute the appropriate word for Bug.
I think the men that are picturing something degrading to women are picturing what they want to see, not what is a bunch of women going wild to fight breast cancer.....You go girls...You guys need to clean up your minds....
I just wish people would lighten up over just mere words. If you are the type of person to let mere words bother you, then simply put, what others are saying is the least of your problems.
People! Let's keep this civil and friendly. - Terry
By the way, I thought this might just be promising news for breast cancer cure advocates. I thought it surely sounded wonderful.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/cancer/articles/...
Power to the ladies!
What a great photo of Sheila!
Oh well I guess we all will just have to pack it up and just quit playing disc golf and become politicians.
i didnt say i was going to do anything sir
The best part about the name is that she has gotten people to take notice of the tournament. The more people talk about it whether it's a negative or positive name the bigger her tournament will be. So all you guys out there keep talking about this tournament and make it the biggest womens tourny around. Good luck Leslie and Erin, I hope your tourny is very successful. Love the name, there's nothing wrong with it.
Well said Kory...it's about publicity.
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and comments (of all positions on this subject) and Kory - I truly hadn't thought about the publicity aspect - you are spot on! Disc golfers rock!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968