www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm looking for a new bag. I'd like to be able to carry up to 20 discs, water bottle and a mini or two. I don't want to break the bank, but I'm willing to spend the money if the bag while last.
What's your bag of choice and why?

Tags: bag, disc, golf

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it was a little more spendy 120 with shipping and like 35 more for some camo quad straps but i felt it was money well spent
MonTTeL #794 said:
Revolution Team Carolina bag. Bags are simple....you get what you pay for. There is a reason if a bag costs $35...because its made out of cheaper materials.

Got my Fade Gear tournament bag for $35 and Love it! The materials are very strong. I can fit 2 to 4 putters in the front pocket not that anyone needs 4. I have taken it through a number of thorn patches to shoot from the schule where my disc landed. No rips or tears. When it rains my discs stay dry for the most part as long as I keep the lid closed.

Seems to me the materials that it is made of are stronger then those that Innova uses to make the bags. So what it is is brightly colored. It helps people see you are still on the hole and they should not be throwing yet. It also has 2 drink holders, a mesh pocket in the lid to store hand warmers, ponchos, birdie bags, golden retriever, etc. It had attachments if you want to add quad shocks or other kinds of backpack type straps. It has 2 side pockets that are great for carrying misc. equipment/snacks. It also has place for a mini and pencils. For the money the bag cannot be beat. Hell even if you used rit to dye the bag a different color that would only be another 4 dollars out of your pocket to make it the color you want. (I say 4 because you should use the color remover before trying to add a new color)

I will be carrying my fade gear until one of 3 things happens.
1. It wears out (I don't see this happening in the near future)
2. It gets stolen in which case I would have to replace all my discs too.
3. I become good enough to get sponsored and am given a bag to use.
Mark Stephens said:
Thou shall not speak poorly of the Innova Gods or verily thee shall be struck down with unrepentant fury....

: )

LOL

LOL... Laughed so hard nearly choked on my lunch.
Lotto said:
you know, you get what you pay for. and i dont have anything against those Fade bags, but they only come in fruity, Richard Simons colors.

I have to side with Lotto on this one, and I base my opinion solely on personal experience. I purchased a small
(10-12 disc capacity) Fade Lite bag in January. I didn't get much of a chance to play until late February. It is now Late April. In that two-month span, this bag has already begun to deteriorate. Stitching is coming apart on several areas, and we're talking moderate use here. I'm almost sure I'll have to replace it by the end of the year. It is true, you DO get what you pay for.

My advice (for what it's worth): Spend the extra money and buy something a little pricier. You'll be glad you made the investment.
gorilla boy silverback. 115 bucks shipped. light as a feather. durable. 16 discs in the main compartment, 2 putters, and you can fit 3 more discs in the front zipper pocket if you need to, and you could really stuff 2 or 3 more here and there. easy in/out putter pocket. side pockets aren't huge, you can't fit a jacket in them but they will hold your towels, phone, keys, snacks, cigs, etc. mini, pencil, and ID pockets. 2 drink holders. but again, the best thing about it is the weight, or lack thereof. very comfy on the back. i love mine.
I bought one of these bags about two months ago and could not be happier. It carries 15 to 20 disc comfortably and also has plenty of room for a mini, putter, score card and much more. I beleive i paid 40 for it. One thing i like is it carries plenty of disc but does not overwhelm you as some of the other bags i looked at. It also seems to be well built with good stitching and heavy duty zippers.

Disc Player Sports said:
Disc Player Sports

I was wondering when you'd break down and make the jump to a new bag. Believe me, you'll wonder how you lived without it for a such a long time. I'm sure Hank could hook up up, i'm gonna try and stop by there before league on Wed.
Chainz-4-Brainz said:
Lotto said:
you know, you get what you pay for. and i dont have anything against those Fade bags, but they only come in fruity, Richard Simons colors.

I have to side with Lotto on this one, and I base my opinion solely on personal experience. I purchased a small
(10-12 disc capacity) Fade Lite bag in January. I didn't get much of a chance to play until late February. It is now Late April. In that two-month span, this bag has already begun to deteriorate. Stitching is coming apart on several areas, and we're talking moderate use here. I'm almost sure I'll have to replace it by the end of the year. It is true, you DO get what you pay for.

My advice (for what it's worth): Spend the extra money and buy something a little pricier. You'll be glad you made the investment.

I have had mine for longer and play at minimum 3 times a week since december. I have not had a problem with anything tearing or coming apart. like I said I have had to bring it through the thorns and it has taken them like a champ!
Lotto said:

I happen to like those "fruity" colors! They stand out. And it's a scared man who fears color!
Except pink...I won't wear pink.LOL!
Another vote for Fade Gear! Yeah, the colors are weird, but that just makes it less likely to be stolen! We have 2 Tourney bags and 1 Crunch Box, and they're all holding up GREAT! We bought the Crunch Box and an Innova starter bag at the same time.......the Crunch Box still looks and functions like new while the Innova bag has the top zipper totally ripped out of the lid, the putter pocket is shredded, and a couple of the seams are falling apart. Bleck.
Orange is a fruit Hallie =)

HallieG. said:
Fade Gear Bag. Well worth the 40 dollars.

ps. since when is orange a fruity color? pretty sure Innova has a bag nearly the same color.
I have a question about Fade Crunch bags. I just bought one and want to stiffen it up a bit. My friend has a revolution with a Rollcage that supports the discs and gives rigidity to bag. Will the mini rollcage or the standard rollcage by Revolution fit into my Fade Crunch bag?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968