www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone ever tried checking their disc golf bag as luggage at an airport? Do they give you any trouble or just look at you funny? Also, my bag is a light color, should I put it in a plastic bag? Any suggestions or advice appreciated...

Views: 37

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

when I flew to k-zoo last year I pulled the frame out of my bag and folded it up into my other bag then carried my primary discs in a duffel size carry-on. I did get some funny looks from the checkers.
I used my small Innova starter bag and just carried it on. You can have 1 carry on and a "personal"bag. Like a hand bag or camera bag. Since the starter bag is as big as a hand bag. They let me carry it on. The tough part was trying to decide which discs to bring :) Just go to your airline's web site and they list what you can carry on.
Take it as a 'carry on.'
Looks cool going through the x-ray machine.
The security people get a kick out of it.
The Disc Player Sports Bag is the perfect size for travel........
Went to San Diego and carried my Fade Tourny bag on the plane with my PSP in it. No troubles or anything like that.
i just carry my innova champion tour bag on my back. And pass it through the xray machine. Just make sure you dont have anything that cannot pass through security. Then I put it in the overhead once I board the plane.
I went through with a Lightning starter bag as a second carry-on. Security had me open it and show them what was in it. They seemed more curious than concerned about them.
Always carry on my discs, Great for a carry on. Extra room for snack and drinks, instead of paying those plane prices.

Had to do security check in last time i flew. All discs came across as plastic in the machine, except the crystal tournament discs i was bringing home. The machine was saying that they were metal. Security started getting suspicious had to open it up on the side and show them.

Good times.
if you do check it just make sure it's a sturdy bag as they WILL BE stacking luggage on top of it
I carried on my bag for the last four fights and had no troubles. My bag is the biggest Fade bag you can buy. I have tons of stuff hanging off of it and three putters sticking out. If checking is what you'll do; I would stick it in something but a trash bag. They might want to rip it open.
I won't check my golf bag. It has enough storage space that I can you that for cash and wallet, etc. And it has to cup holders so if I don't want to carry my water if there is a layover. My one girl friend has a smaller beginner bag that she uses for travel. It's big enough to take the main discs she uses and small enough to fit in a luggage bag without taking up too much room.
it was the stamp that set it off.
and add on : the last time we ( my fiance and myself) flew home on vacation we carried on our bags. Security did make us open them. We spent 5 minutes explaining what the sport was and not what was in our bags. The gaurd was very interested. LOL it was so funny. We loved it.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968