www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone ever tried checking their disc golf bag as luggage at an airport? Do they give you any trouble or just look at you funny? Also, my bag is a light color, should I put it in a plastic bag? Any suggestions or advice appreciated...

Views: 35

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Right after 9-11, we flew to Colorado for some disc golf and they used a cotton swab on our discs to check them. That was kinda cool and they asked all kinds of questions.
I also had one security agent actually recognize them and ask how long I had played etc. That was a few years after that, around 2004 or so.
I love when that happens. Or the security guards that have NO idea and start asking a ton of questions!! It's kind of funny either way it happens.
I always carry on my bag. And almost always get pulled aside. They must think it's plastic explosives or something LOL. But truely, the checkers just are not used to the images the discs make and need to check them out.
m
Tell them Right away your a Professional Frisbee Player and these are Disc Golf Discs. Makes things go quicker !!
When they stop laughing,offer to help them up and say it again.
You have to be straight forward or it takes longer for them to Xray and dump out your bag. I do this when I take my shoes off.
I never personally had a problem bringing my discs on a plane. I did hear a story about one of our friends on here who had his MP3 player next to the last disc...that got him pulled aside for a little extra Q & A.
Never checked mine. I fly just about everywhere I go. Always a carry on. I am always a little concerned with the temperature fluctuations. I fly Southwest a lot, and they don't carry animals down below, so the heat could be soaring. Most screeeners will give my bag a double take, I normally look back at them and ask, "any guesses?" most of the time they think they're plates. Just make sure you empty your water bottle, and happy travels.
Sheila
Everytime I have flown with my bag of discs I have had my bag searched. They say they look suspecious I say they are profiling not just the discs. But once I explain to them what they are they are like oh interesting. Then again I get searched just about every time I fly with or without my discs.
I take My Innova Bag as my carry on and it fits in the overhead perfectly.
The X-Ray guy might ask you what those are, but there was always another employee alongside him who knew what disc golf was and assured him that it was not C-4 plastic explosives!
Plenty of room in a disc golf bag for everything you need on an airplane.
Have a safe flight!
I just carry mine on, no troubles

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968