www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, have been playing for a few months...started with a small Innova bag, went to the Competion bag, and now am up to the FADE Tourney bag...but, it is only a matter of time...

So, what are the best bags, coolest, biggest, unique, bags you built, etc.? 

Let's use this thread to keep everyone up to date on the many ways we can carry our dics...

Views: 4983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I honestly don't know how people can put with no cargo room in a bag. I haven't seen a fade bag yet that has a decent pocket on it.  Fade stuff is appealing on a money standpoint, but for me its all about the cargo room...  

I started out using an old back pack from the goodwill store and it worked pretty well. Now that I've gotten serious about the game, I have 3 bags. There are many bags out there, but here are the ones I use.

Latitude 64 Pro Bag $70.00 - Holds 22-24 (maybe more) discs with lots of extra storage. Need to use quad-shocks when fully loaded. I use this bag for those all day excursions. It can carry the bug spray, plenty of fluids, towels, rain gear, etc.

Fade Crunch Box $34.00 - I use this bag most of the time. Holds 12 discs perfectly and has enough storage for wallet, keys, towels etc. A very good bag for the price and I carry 6 drivers, 4 mids, and 2 putters. What else do you need?

Latitiude 64 Slim Jim $18.00 - I just bought this. This bag is good for those quick round days when you don't want to carry a lot of weight. This bag holds 8 discs perfectly. I carry 5 drivers, 2 mids, and a putter. Small zipper pouch on front, full size zipper pouch on back. These pouches have limited use because they are so slender, but they will hold keys, cigarettes, lighter, etc. One very nice feature of this bag is you can fit a water bottle inside the bag and it doesn't crowd the discs. That leaves the exterior (mesh) bottle holder to be used for something else, like a hand towel or second water bottle.

I know there are many good bags available, these are just the ones I chose to have in my arsenal. I like having the option of multiple bags depending on where I will be playing and my energy level. Also I travel a lot for business and I think the Slim Jim will work great for that. I really would love to have the Grip or the Mahal, but I am bagged-out right now and don't want to spend any more money on bags.

Update to my previous post. I recently purchased a Voodoo - MoJo bag. The quality is superior and the built-in oganization pockets are awesome. Voodoo makes four sizes, the MoJo will hold 14-16 discs with plenty of room for other stuff. The MoJo is size-2 on their 1 thru 4 size selection. I think their number-4 size will hold over 40 discs.

I still want to get  the "Grip" or the "Mahal" some day, but it's not a priority. 

I have found that 14-16 discs is all I want to carry anymore and the MoJo works perfectly for my current selection of discs.

Can anyone give some feedback on the Gateway Backpack bag? Considering buying one and trying to convince myself to spend that much on a bag. I like the Grip also, but it seems a bit bulky for me. 

The Gateway minipak is cool, but IMO the gateway bags are just Jansport backpacks. If your looking for a low dough back pack go with the revo dual pack lite. I think it's around 150 or so and is great

I agree they do seem like just a backpack other than the side pockets. I've never seen one in person though. Wondering if they are built better than regular backpacks. Dual pack lite looks a little bulky for me also. I live and play mostly in FL, so lite, and small helps a lot in hot summer time.

would like to use this every day,but my course is to hilly,,

Sweet set up Harold. I have a jogging stroller that works great. Just needs a built in seat.

Old Pull Ball Golf cart.

PVC Pipe that was cut out

Hidden compartment up top

Holder for score card and pencil by handle

Place to hold discs in the middle

place to put drinks in the bottom.

My pole to grabs disc that were thrown in the water or tree,

is strapped to the side.

that looks awesome . do your disc  stay in place on rough ground , and is that a seat on top ?  if so  I am in 

If you look close to the side, the discs are kept in with "Fishing Line" on each side.

That is not a seat on top.  It is a scraficial Disc that I use as a lid for the top compartment.

There is someone selling such an item but it is not made from PVC, and it is way more

expensive.  Mine just cost me about $40.00.  As for a seat, I have one of those tri-folding

chairs with a carrying strap and I hang it from the handle.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968