www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, have been playing for a few months...started with a small Innova bag, went to the Competion bag, and now am up to the FADE Tourney bag...but, it is only a matter of time...

So, what are the best bags, coolest, biggest, unique, bags you built, etc.? 

Let's use this thread to keep everyone up to date on the many ways we can carry our dics...

Views: 4977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have one of these. Professional Bag Boy Push Cart , converted for Disc Golf Course Usage. It has a Umbrella  and Holder , Under Bag Cooler for Cold water and Drinks and a Built in Seat.

Also has a Disc Ladder Arangement system , where you can select your choice of 20 different disc's without bending over and/or squishing Disc's together. Keeps the disc's straight , organized and accessible. Total cost complete , $ 140.00

Hmmmm were to start...OK for the best in quality I would put the Golf Mahal as the best by far, but followed closely by Voodooo and Grip. Mind you I'm just talking about the ones I own. The Mahal is an incredible backpack styled bag. However, it is lacking in the design dept. That's were the Grip takes the honors. It's a very well thought out bag. I just wish I could fit about two more discs in it. Hopefully that's were the new Voodoo Spinal Tap comes in (pics on their FB page). Heck if it works for Feldberg it must carry a ton of discs :) Oh there is also the Prodiscus bag. Not impressed with the quality. I already had a zipper fail on it, but you can store half of the discs in the Throw Shop in it lol!

One thing I like about the backpack styled bags is how good I feel after a few rounds. They distribute the weight better than the box styled bags imo.

So if I had to pick a bag today. It would be the Grip, but I really think the Voodoo Spinal Tap is going to be the bag for me. I hope they come out soon!

I have the golf mahal by mystery ranch and love it.  It has so much adjustablity and a lifetime warranty to it but your also paying a good chunk of change for it.  I play a lot of mountain courses (solitude ski resort in Utah epic course btw) that I wanted something that was going to be comfortable as a round can take 3.5 hours to 5.5 if you play all 27 holes.  The golf mahal definitely delivers in the comfort department. It has plenty of space for discs, water, beer, food ect.  

I know a lot of people who have the grip and like them as well. I was actually on a waiting list to get the grip then got an email saying I could get one of the special color with a $300 tag on it prompted me to  immediately ordered the golf mahal .  If they could combine the grip design with mystery ranches quality, warranty and adjustability you would have a rocking bag for sure.  

Attachments:

There will be one soon. It's made by Voodoo and it's called the Spinal Tap. Pre orders will be open soon (info by the end of the week per Voodoo).

From what I've gathered based on the photos. It looks like it can hold approx 22 in the main and 3 in the putter pocket. A video showed the person also puting 3 in each side pocket, but I tend to not count those. It's a bit bigger than the Grip, but smaller than both the Mahal and Prodiscus. The side pocket and the pocket above the main disc compartment are bigger than the Grip as well.

Several colors to choose from without a price markup! Sooo no price as of yet, but I would bet it's in that $180 to $200 range? I can't wait!

For those who have not tried Voodoo. They are the closest bag to Mystery Ranch when it comes to quality and there bag designs (I have the Karma) are the best out there IMO. However your opinion may vary ;)

I ended up getting the Gateway Backpack for my Bday. Built like a TANK yet still comfy. Has more room and space for everything I normally need. I added a putter pocket up high just for ease of having it higher. Some of the zipper pockets are a pain so I never open them all the way. Overall good bag, If in the budget I'd get the Grip instead.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968