www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Greetings Fellow Disc Golfers;

The State of Jefferson FlipOut League will be offering our first youth disc golf activity coming up in July.

We will be conducting a Disc Golf Sports Camp for The Boys & Girls Club of the Umpqua Valley in Roseburg, OR.  Here is the general info.

Dates:             July 26th – 30th
Time:               8:30 – 11:30 am
Ages/Grades:  2nd – 7th grade
Cost:              $70 / camper

This is our first attempt at this and we want to make it a fun, positive, learning experience for our campers.  The emphasis will be on introducing them to the sport, basic throwing and putting techniques, rules, scoring, and etiquette.

We need help!  To make this a top notch experience for the kids we need the following:

1. Volunteer coaches who want to pass their knowledge on to the next generation of golfers and/or help plan camp activities.
2. Pros that want & have the time to spend as special guest for a day or however long they can. I’d even like to pick your brains about camp activities.
3. Baskets from our local golfers to use for the week.
4. Disc Golf prizes to give away to campers.  This includes discs, apparel, decals, minis, bags, etc.
5. Anything else you can think of.

Please contact me via phone or mail if you are interested in helping or have any questions. 

Home: 541-680-7125 (after 6 pm)
Work: 541-440-7802

bigal7871@gmail.com

Namaste,

Al Springer 
State of Jefferson FlipOut League Cofounder

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great Idea I hope It goes off good for you, I would like to see something like that I my area I have kids that would really like that.
Thanks Brad. Contact your local Boys & Girls Club. They are always looking for new ways to get kids involved in positive activities. They also have a club culture and easy ways to set them up. Good luck.

Namaste,

Al
Ahhhh, the state of Jefferson. To bad the Japanese had to bomb Pearl Harbor the day before they submitted the papers...Major Bummer :-/
Setting up a course? Can't you just take them to Whistler Bend? Granted it my be a bit much for a "get to know the sport" course. Well , it's a very cool thing for you to do.

Peace!
Actually our Boys & Girls Club is within walking distance of River Front Park DGC so we're set there. Thanks for the support.

Namaste,

Al
I have some thank yous to give out.
1. Scott Heath donated 20 used discs and 10 mini's for our Boys & Girls Club disc golf activities. We have already put them to use.
2. Eric & Eli Juarez last friday helped out while we had over 20 Boys & Girls Club members putting on 4 baskets.
3. Lee Carter for letting us use 2 of his baskets for our Boys & Girls Club adventures.

We are hosting a Disc Sports Camp next week, July 26th through the 29th. If you'd like to help contact me here or call me 541-680-7125.

Namaste,

Al
I'm in Eugene and I have some discs to lend during the camp and a basket, how could I get it to you?
Thanks so much. This is really cool.

Give me a call today 541-440-7802 or tonight 541-680-7125 after 6 pm. My partner Lee may be headed to Eugene this week, if so we can arrange a pick up. Other wise I'll come up on Thursday or Friday.

Namaste,

Al Springer
Good stuff, we have put on a few smaller "clinics" for the youth as well. Its always a good time!
Thanks Josh. Let me know any tidbits of wisdom you've learned from doing these. This is our first attempt and so far it going great. I always like to hear what others are doing to get youth involved in disc golf.

Namaste,

Al

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968