www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hi everyone, as you can read from the subject bar, the topic is disc golf carts. i have seen many of these made from guys in garages but nothing massed produced for all of us. i came up with a prototype that is being worked on at this time and hopefully the cart will be ready to be sold this up and coming summer. i hope that all of you will be interested in this because im trying to make a product that helps this sport grow even larger than what it is now. i work with a company called deane systems and i will have pictures, dimension and weight callouts, and a base price to pick them up for. im located out of the grand rapids area in Michigan and im also looking for potential buyers; either disc stores or personal users. if you have any questions, just let me know and ill see if i can help. thanks

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking forward to seeing it... what is the price range you are thinking of charging?
As long as it has a built in chair, umbrella and beverage holders, out-of-the-elements disc storage, is plenty light yet sturdy, folds up for travel and doesn't cost very much, should be perfect!

Joe
guys, i like the input and im glad to say that all the things you have tossed out for the cart to have is going to be in there. i for sure have every discer in mind when i came up with this design. ill have the photos and a base price out as i have the prototype out and working.
look forward to seeing your creation.
dont do it, i hate carts.
dont worry josh, the carts are for the old people

Lotto said:
You know I have to say for a while I thought carts were for old people. Then you start playing numerous events in 98 degree weather with 100% humidity. Two rounds, two days, 4 or 5 guys on every hole, makes for a long weekend. Well I guess I'm old. My wife bought my cart for like 100 bucks. I did some minor modification which cost less than $15. Best thing I ever did. BRAVO to you brother. Make it durable, affordable, collapsible, and people will buy it. Tell you what, I'll make signs for the tee pads at your course that say "Cart parking only"
good luck, it sounds good, take a look at the baby carrages though, they have some that look like they were meant disc golf, try to add some extras, i.e: hidden compartments, breaks, cooler spots, cup holders/birdybags holders, pencil slots, sharpie slots, covers for rain/umbrella sounds good,
The carts I have seen on courses so far have reminded me of something the homeless would have. looking forward to seeing pictures of your cart. Right now I don't carry enough to need one, but as one of the afore mentioned 'old guys' I may some day.
and because you hate it...hes not supposed to do it? REALLY?

I would suggest that if you hate carts that you either don't look at them or don't play around anyone with one.
Personally I use one from time to time because throwing plastic is great but sometimes my back won't take me carrying my bag. But of course with your attitude I guess I should not use the cart, and hence not play at all because I cannot carry my bag?

Lotto said:
As for them being for "OLD" people..well just lets just say "OLD" people have butts...an you can pucker! ;-)

Gotta love a cart with a cooler full of beer for the day!

Wade Sullivan said:
dont worry josh, the carts are for the old people
Lotto said:

Because it's so rough and very narrow access I envision a bag that you and set down and it will follow you around. Not unlike a mars rover only a course rover. Electric and still easy to pick up and put on your back like a tour bag.
You have a proximity sensor in your pocket that it will follow when on.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968