www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On Saturday, June 19th at 10:30am at the Kensington Metropark Black Locust disc golf course (Milford, Michigan), Play It Again Sports is hosting a Free Disc Golf Skills Clinic. 

A daily park pass costs $5 per car and a daily pass to play the disc golf course costs $2 per player.

I have been recruited to conduct the clinic.  All are invited to attend.

Kensington Metropark is located off I-96 in Milford.  Use the Kent Lake Road exit (#153) and enter the park.  The disc golf course is the first parking lot on the right.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No need to sign up. Just show up.

Mark,

Are we doing this in the old practice basket area on the beach side or actually @ black locust?
Probably in the shade next to the new practice basket just off the parking lot of Black Locust.
What's the weather looking like for Saturday morning?
I wanted to thank everyone who helped with and came out for the clinic.

A wedding had me leaving early but Mark and Eirik were kind enough to meet early and give me a little one on one time. Mark is, by the way, on of the most graceful men I think I've ever met. As he explained balance to me he moved and pivoted so well I felt like I was standing next to Usher.

Aside from that Eirik and Ben probably improved my distance 30 feet just by getting me to throw accurately. I always thought my accuracy was alright and that it was my distance that needed help but they showed me that was the least of my worries.

I'm already set on doing a tournament soon and hope that Play it Again sees fit to set up another event as I see something like that gaining momentum and growing each time. Also my girlfriend really wanted to come for some forehand tips.

With any luck I'll get to meet all of you again sometime.
It sounds like it was a really great time! I would have loved to attended, but unfortunately I don't live in the area. I liked that Usher comment! I've thought at times running up to throw a shot that I'm doing a dance step--lol.
Chris Fair wrote, "Mark is, by the way, on of the most graceful men I think I've ever met. As he explained balance to me he moved and pivoted so well I felt like I was standing next to Usher."

This is too funny. I have been accused of being many things but never, until now, graceful.

But anyway, thanks to Play it Again Sports and my instructional crew for pulling off a successful clinic. I am torn which of my teaching staff deserves the most credit. Ben Lengel and Eirik Kauserud were first time instructors with me and performed admirably. Jamie Mosier showed up late, drunk and spewed chunks in the parking lot before wowing the crowd with his awesome power. But maybe most impressive was Joe Phipps, the clinic slave, who retrieved innumerable errant drive attempts and ran them back to the players- in the high heat and humidity.

There was a video crew out recording events (I hope they got the spewing of chunks) and maybe one day it will all show up on Youtube.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968