www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Play It Again Sports is hosting a free disc golf clinic in Milford Michigan on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 10:30 am at the Black Locust disc golf course inside Kensington Metropark.

Open to players of all abilities, including newcomers to the game, this clinic will be directed by Discraft sponsored Professional Mark Ellis and will have prizes and games from Play It Again Sports and Discraft.

The clinic will break down into sessions dealing with Long distance power driving (directed my Jamie Mosier, who will demonstrate launching a disc into orbit), forehand shots, putting and basic skills.  Please bring golf discs.

From 1-96 expressway, exit at Kent Lake Road directly into the park to the first right, which is the Black Locust disc golf course.  There is a park entrance fee of $4.00 per vehicle and a $2.00 fee per player to play the course.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The teaching faculty has been set for the clinic.

We have Eirik Kauserud, big power lefty for those of you who want to see the lines from a lefty perspective.

Sarah Demar ("Peach", no really, that is her nickname, when you see her it will make perfect sense), Discraft sponsored Pro.  Has thrown away more trophies we can count.

Jamie Mosier, big power player who can throw it over the moon.  Rumor is he can circumnavigate the globe and teach you to do it too.

John (Angus) Mcaskin, 1st year Pro who has been ripping it up.  Master of the hyzer flip and unbelievable, jaw-dropping lines through the trees.  Everyone thought it was luck until he kept doing it.

(Grizzly) Dave Milewski, True skill and charm all in one package.  The wise will seek his insight and cherish it forever.

Me.  Old, tired, somewhat feeble.  Can still kick your ass.  Hahaha.

We will break down into small groups to work on specific skills.  If no one other than you shows up we can turn you into the next phenom.  So don't tell anyone.  It will be our little secret.

Presented by Play it Again Sports.  Sponsored by Discraft.

The guy from the youtube videos!  Bring team Discraft to Iowa and teach me how to not hit so many trees!
Mark, Are there any other clinics planned this summer in or around Michigan? I wish I could be there, unfortunately I have a prior commitment that.....well, lets just say my wife will hobble me if I try and skip out on her....Thanks in advance for any info.
Fake sick and get on the course!  lol. 
BLaaaaaahhhhh! I CANNOT WAIT to move out to the East Coast somewhere so I can go to some (or all) of the Discraft Clinics! Would be nice to meet Mark and the Crew that I watch on Youtube all day...

The Discraft vids are nice and flashy, but are just showing off compared to what you learn from this guy, who is sooooooooooo friggin booooooooorriiiiiiiiing.  Keep in mind this 9:55 video is only one-half of the lesson.  But it helped me more than anything else on Youtube.  Though Mark has a damn sexy forehand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGYsSUGKXk

But I would still give a kidney to live near the big MI courses and learn from these guys.
How late do these usually last? I unfortunately have to be to work in ypsilanti at 6 that day but would love to learn more .

The clinic probably goes a couple hours but you can join late or leave early as you wish.

Following the clinic we might organize a best shot doubles on the course if there is interest.

For a clinic open to all (but required of none) there is not way to predict how many players of what caliber might show up.  That is why we have multiple instructors to break into groups to deal with particular skills or shots.  The fewer who attend the more specific we can get with one on one instruction.  The more who attend the better our sponsors like it as their message gets broader exposure.  However it works I am happy to teach one player or a hundred.

In past clinics we have had a group of beginners who need an overview of basic skills.  Then we have had players who showed up looking for help with a particular shot (increasing distance, anhyzers, forehands, overheads, straddle putts, etc.).  We have also had players who needed help with a particular aspect of competition (playing under pressure, tournament preparation, understanding rules, etc).

So the clinic will not be highly structured but rather highly flexible to the needs and interests of the participants. 

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968