www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On Tuesday the Chico CA City Council voted to remove the course from Bidwell Park. The course has been there for 20 years. It was installed before the land was a part of the park. The land was owned by B.L.M. then bought by the city of Chico and added to Bidwell Park. What do you think?

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I played Chico this summer ......... it was a wonderful course ......... hauntingly beautiful .... volcanic rock and soils ...... nothing too pristine here ........ went to pick up my disc and got rattled at by a rattler ....... just a baby and it slid away under a roc .... 4000 acres in that park and them boneheads at city council go and screw it up ...... typical we know better than the masses mentality .......... it hurts losing a course ..... perhaps you should find a friendly lawyer and counter sue them .......... freedom of assembly or something.......... impeach them all ........... get them university kids involved ...... petition them out now.
That sux for sure. I would be on the phone to whoever can donate those baskets back to the local club and trying to find some more land to put them on. Sorry for your loss of course but I would focus on trying to replace it for sure.
I don't know why they would want to remove it because it is the most fun in Chico. I just started playing last year and my husband and I love it. It's peaceful and beautiful up there. It was mine and my husband's first date and we don't want them to remove it. Seems to me like they want to take the fun away from everyone. They can not do this. Does anyone know where we can sign the Petition for it not to be removed? My son is almost old enough now to play there it would be wrong to take it away.
Compromise could keep disc golf in upper park

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_11131952
i have plans to move to chico in the near future. one of my selling points is the disc golf course in upper bidwell. my home course is mc. dade in conroe tx. it would be a shame to remove a course, that i have heard so much about, before i get there. you will leave me w/ nothing to do

---doc
Nah....not that heavy...1 Glock 34 fully loaded (18 rounds) with 4 other Hi cap mags (17 rounds each)...and a backup 380 with two extra mags....all loaded with Golden Sabers....very manageable...lmao!!
It sucks to lose any course regardless of the reason......what really sucks is they spent that kind of money in those studies to show that there is some slight enviro impact from a Disc Golf course. way to go super geniuses!!!
That stinks. Once again, money talks. I always thought the people in Chico were a little more forward thinking than that. Too bad, but good luck in your efforts to try and reverse their vote.
No worries people. The courses in Chico are not going anywhere! This thread is almost a year old, and I'm really not sure why it has popped up again. After years of conflict, the City Council voted to keep both courses where they are, and are now in the process of realignment and "environmental mitigation". All this is covered on the Chico Disc Golf Club webpage (on this site). Disc Golf in Chico remains as it is, and will actually improve in the future!
BogieWon,
Looks as though Griplock Doc drug this thread up from the depths of DGRUS...good news about those DGCs in Northern CA. I guess the signature petition worked! Nice!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968