www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This topic is a little far fetched, but bear with me.

I keep having reoccurring dreams about two disc golf courses, in my city, that don't exist. You see, I'm from Grand Rapids, MI; and there are about 7 course in the greater area that my friends and I will frequent. In my dreams, I will say to them "Hey, lets go to T-Rex Hill or Maryland Park instead of the usual spots." Yup, that's right. I know the names of both of these 'dream' parks and I can even describe them to you in detail. Hell, I even know where they are located in 'dream' Grand Rapids. And when I say 'reoccurring', I mean that I have dreamt about both of these courses two nights in a row; and that was just last week.

Is there something wrong with my subconscious? Or something so right?

Do these courses actually exist somewhere in the world? And have I been having an out-of-body disc golf experience?

How do some of your disc golf dreams compare? 

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well if you know where they are and what they look like already, it's time to build!
I have dreams about my home course in Chico, but instead of it being where it usually is, it ends up being contiguous to my home 10 miles away. The holes are usually the same but some of them become Uber epic. I also never finish the round. I always wake before it's over.....
'Maryland Park' is located on the NW corner of the East Belt Line and Michigan St (which makes no sense.) And 'T-Rex Hill' is behind Alpine Meijer's (which also makes no sense.)
I agree, but the locations make no sense. One is located at a busy intersection where there is no land use at all, especially the way my dreams imagine the course. And the other is behind a Meijer's, where an entire neighborhood resides in reality. Time to bulldoze I guess.
Huh, the never ending or never finishing round. Have you ever had the dream where you are about to go and play, but your friends keep dragging their feet? In my dream, I'll start to get real mad because the sun will start to set and they will continue to say to me "Don't worry, man. We'll make it in time."
My disc golf dreams always consist of me playing in tournaments (usually Worlds)- and playing great. I usually wake up (or someone wakes me up) and there will be a disc in my hand, as well as a pile of discs that were thrown at the wall. I have never been known to "sleep walk", but I do "sleep disc golf". It'd be sweet if those dreams could become a reality! It is really nice to know I am not the only one out there who has this problem!
Yeah, the dream goes like this. It's tournament time and everyone is warming up. I go to get my bag, but suddenly all of my good discs are gone and they have been replaced by ones that a dog chewed up. Or the bag is completely gone and I need to borrow discs for the big round. Yikes!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968